- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
What is the General Data Protection Regulation?
The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR for short, is a new piece of privacy legislation that comes into force on 25 May 2018.
This legislation is reshaping European privacy laws, impacting the way businesses capture and manage the personal data of individuals they deal with e.g. customers and employees. Any business that has a European customer base or that processes personal data in Europe will need to meet the new requirements for security and privacy of personal data, including managing the lifecycle of personal data.
GDPR replaces the existing Data Protection Act 1998. It enhances existing obligations and introduces new rights for individuals and responsibilities for those who process their personal data (personal data is information which can directly or indirectly identify living individuals).
What about the Data Protection Bill 2017?
The Data Protection Bill 2017 adds to and supplements GDPR and will replace GDPR once Brexit happens. We are tracking the progress of the bill and will ensure we are ready for it at the appropriate time.
What does this all mean for me as a TalkTalk Business Customer?
As noted above, the new privacy laws impact all businesses that have a European customer base or who process personal data in Europe. If this applies to your business, you need to make sure it is compliant.
As a TalkTalk Business customer, we may have obligations to you, or be able to support you, depending on what type of business you are.
If your business is:
- a sole trader, we treat you as an individual as there is no distinction between you and your business, so you have access to all the individual rights under the privacy laws; or
- any business other than a sole trader, your business will not have access to the individual rights under the privacy laws as your business is a corporate entity, not an individual; however:
- individuals working for your business will have access to these individual rights under the privacy laws to the extent we process personal data about them; and
- we may be able to support you with any requests by your individual end users to exercise their individual rights under the privacy laws to the extent we process personal data about them and your business needs our assistance with these.