- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Everyone loves a countdown at this time of year – whether it's counting down the days until Santa arrives (if you’ve been good!), the hours left until you can put your out-of-office email on or waiting to find out who gets that coveted Christmas number one song in the charts.
With that in mind and with 5 days to go until Christmas Day, I thought I would share our top five winners in terms of which websites and platforms that were the most used on Talk Talk’s network this year from a peak consumption perspective.
Overall, it's been a huge year for bandwidth usage. Our peak so far in December is 4.4tbps or 4,400gbps. So, what can 4.4tbps deliver?
Well to put it in context, it's the same as downloading roughly 164,000 copies of Wizzard's ‘I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday’ every second. Or downloading 281 copies of the movie Elf - in HD, every second. That’s a lot of festive cheer!
In reverse order, here are the top five sites most used on TalkTalk’s network:
Number 5 - Amazon
The number 5 spot in our Christmas countdown goes to the Amazon website and Prime Video. Amazon continues to be very popular and a consistent driver of network usage as people watch the Grand Tour and other content whilst ordering Prime Next Day deliveries.
Number 4 - Microsoft Patch Tuesday
Microsoft Patch Tuesday – All of those millions of PCs downloading the latest patches each week shows the incredible demand out there to keep our devices updated and secure.
Number 3 - YouTube
YouTube makes it into our top three – and while it has dropped down on our chart, it remains extremely popular for delivering all forms of video from music videos to clips of cats falling off sofas – yes, it's all on YouTube.
Number 2 ** NEW ENTRY ** Fortnite
While it Just misses out on the top spot, it's been an amazing year for our new entry this year. Fortnite - the game that introduced Flossing to the nation - is at number two. I wrote earlier in the year about the huge growth in Fortnite and the importance of optimising for Gaming usage. It will be interesting to see if the number one game worldwide continues its popularity in the new year.
Number 1 - Netflix
Our Christmas number 1 may come as no surprise to many of you is Netflix. Regardless of whether you're binging on the latest series of The Crown, watching Christmas movies on your laptop, smart TV, mobile phone or indeed games console, Netflix continues to drive our highest use of the network week-on-week.
Congratulations to Netflix!
I hope you enjoyed these insights into our network. On behalf of everyone at TalkTalk, have a fantastic Christmas and thanks for an incredible 2018.