- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Cloud adoption and what you should know
According to Forbes, Cloud migration is the number one enterprise tech trend for 2017 and businesses are increasingly turning to the cloud for critical business IT usage. This is supported by research from Ovum showing as many as 80 percent of businesses will be cloud-dependent by 2019. That means 1.5 million UK firms will be moving to the cloud in the next two years.
5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
1. The cloud is already main stream… but….
Chances are you’re moving to the cloud already? The real question you’re probably facing is not ‘cloud or no cloud’, it’s do you have the right connectivity to support this radical shift in service delivery. What is becoming more apparent is the cloud forcing a re-evaluation of current connectivity and infrastructures and powering new network investments.
2. Application performance is everything
Some of the most common tools associated with the cloud include digital storage and data back-up, both of which are incremental and don’t rely on constant connectivity to function.
With increasing usage of cloud-based, business critical applications such as voice, document sharing and collaboration tools, the experience is expected to be at least as reliable, high quality and fit for purpose as their previous system.
It is simply not acceptable if the application is slow or drops out in the middle of a conference call. As such, networks need to be able to handle peaks in usage and mission critical apps need their traffic prioritised. This can be achieved through multi-service segregation so that your business critical applications such as voice can be prioritised, whilst colleagues watching cat videos over lunch…. well not so much.
3. Security is vital
Data security is important for businesses, something we are continuously working on at TalkTalk Business. When it comes to the cloud, a private access cloud solution can provide peace of mind to go along with the benefits of using cloud services, but it can be expensive. We undertake a consultative approach to find the right blend of Public, Private and Hybrid network capabilities including our Cloud-ready boosts suitable for your business.
4. Keep it simple, please
One of the potentially confusing aspects of the cloud services marketplace is the sheer volume of solutions available. Of course, decisions are easier to make if there is appropriate business intelligence to support them.
One of TalkTalk Business’ significant investment projects will come to fruition over the coming months to help you enormously in this area. Enhanced network monitoring capabilities that will identify pain points, meaning we can support you to find the best resolution for your business.
Bringing more data and voice services into the cloud can provide tangible benefits for your business, but there is also the balance to find between CapEx and OpEx solutions, private and public networks.
TalkTalk Business can provide your business with Cloud-ready connectivity. You get the assurance of a national provider with a core reliability of 99.995 per cent, as well as a provider that’s innovating connectivity services for the cloud. For example, we can provide multi-service segregation on our connectivity at no extra cost, so that you can prioritise the traffic for your critical applications.
Cloud-ready connectivity with TalkTalk Business
TalkTalk Business can provide your business with Cloud-ready connectivity. You get the assurance of a national provider with a core reliability of 99.995 per cent, as well as a provider that’s innovating connectivity services for the cloud. For example, we can provide multi-service segregation on our connectivity at no extra cost, so that you can prioritise the traffic for your critical applications. Discover more about our Cloud-ready connectivity such as Internet Access, Private Networks and Hybrid Networks or please get in touch for more information.Get in touch
Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
The next year will be huge for the telecommunications industry. Powered by the new full fibre strategy, the UK is a leader of technology. Want to learn more? We’ve gathered insights about the key things Telco’s should be paying attention to in 2019.
The Christmas No1 for Internet Traffic is...
Which websites and platforms drove the most traffic across our network this year? Click here to read our top five Christmas countdown from a peak consumption perspective.
eBook: VoIP Buyer's Guide
Are you ready to join the 45% of businesses already enjoying savings and increased productivity through IP Voice adoption? Read our checklist of the top questions you should consider when choosing VoIP.
1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade