- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
4 business tips to accelerate your growth during the festive period
For business owners, Black Friday requires proper planning and adequate resources. As well as managing physical stores, you must ensure your ecommerce site and internal tech infrastructure is well supported with robust connectivity that can handle the additional traffic and the increased pressure.View Black Friday offers
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday just around the corner, businesses of all sizes are preparing for what could be their most lucrative weekend of the year. It’s predicted that UK consumers will spend nearly £5 billion this Black Friday, with almost half expected to be spent online, research from Salmon, a Wunderman Commerce company, revealed.
Businesses need to ensure that they are suitably prepared for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday so that they don't face an embarrassing loss of service. Even big brands can have their systems fail because of poor preparation.
Here our top tips for getting your business ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
Payments are vital
Your business needs to be able to process all the payments made during the peak trading days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. By having the right systems in place and using network monitoring tools to prioritise mission critical traffic, you can avoid the worst-case scenario of having to turn customers away.
Make sure you have the right Internet connection
With more customers, both online and in store, your business needs to ensure it has the bandwidth to handle an influx of shoppers. Be cautious, what works on your average day might not withstand a surge of online traffic. There are more options available than standard broadband. If you’re looking for a service with faster speeds and increased reliability, you may want to look at our dedicated Internet connectivity options.
Get your telephony ready
Whether your business is based primarily in store or online, you'll likely be expecting more calls as people look for customer support, opening hours, or even to place orders. If your business is already using IP Voice telephony you'll be able to add new lines in a matter of hours, scaling up your capacity right up to the day of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Expect the unexpected
Finally, businesses need to ensure that they plan for the unexpected. Having the right tools available is important, but so too is having connectivity flexible and reliable enough to handle expected bumps in the road during the Black Friday weekend.
The Black Friday weekend presents huge opportunities for retailers, but there are also a huge number of potential pitfalls. Having the right connectivity in place ensures that retailers of any size have a Black Friday sale that drives purchases and creates happy and loyal customers.
Make sure your business is ready for the most lucrative weekend of the year. You can save on our fibre broadband and dedicated internet access services. Check out our unmissable Black Friday deals here. *
*Please be aware that the our Black Friday promotion expires on 29th November 2018.