- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
With Small Business Saturday taking place soon across the UK – mark your calendars for December 3rd – we’re celebrating the fantastic work that small businesses are doing across the UK. Most of us can think of an exciting new start-up or local independent favourite that has a special place in our hearts, and this is our chance to show these incredible businesses our appreciation.
This year, Small Business Saturday has once again announced its prestigious Small Biz 100, highlighting 100 amazing small businesses in the 100 days leading up to Small Business Saturday. Hot on the heels of this announcement, we’ve gone out to speak to some of our fantastic customers who have made this year’s list, to find out more about why celebrating small businesses is so important, why their data connection matters to them, and what they see as the future of small businesses.
Spice Kitchen is an award winning family run artisanal spice company specialising in selling freshly ground spice blends and set of spices within unique spice tins. We spoke with Sanjay Aggarwal, who started the business with his mother Shashi over the kitchen table in early 2013.
Why do you think it’s so important to celebrate the UK’s small businesses?
“Small business makes up a large percentage of organisations in the UK – it’s a big sector and crucial for the UK economy. It’s important to celebrate small businesses because most don’t have the resources to spend on marketing. As a result, it’s often only the bigger voices that get heard.”
How does your business make the most of its internet connection or telephone lines?
“We need our internet connection 24 hours a day, seven days a week, because we essentially can’t do anything without it. After all, we use the internet to speak to customers and manage orders with suppliers. Our accounting software is online. Social media is online. So access to the internet is vital for our business”
What do you think the future and new technology will mean for small businesses?
“I think the future of small businesses is really bright. From a retail and ecommerce perspective it’s easier than ever to enter the market and test your product with potential customers. The UK consumer knows that they can get much more variety by shopping online and people are increasingly confident about placing online orders with smaller brands.”
Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
As homeworking becomes the new normal, TalkTalk Business explores the technology and connectivity to make it work.
Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
Is residential up to the job of homeworking? No. Here’s why business fibre is the only connectivity that can reliably, securely, and cost effectively keep small businesses in business.
What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
Empowering home working through business fibre lines for remote workers could help UK businesses save money and excel in the new normal.