- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
At the end of the month we’ll be back at IP EXPO Manchester. This event is always a good chance to see what emerging technologies and business IT trends might impact your organisation, and to chat informally about what you can do to stay ahead.
Our team of tech and innovation experts are excited to meet delegates from forward-thinking businesses and walk you through the latest solutions to the challenges facing your business – from Ethernet to IP Voice telephony.
This year, we’ll also be hosting a virtual reality (VR) experience that takes you away from the conference into an entirely new, immersive reality with the help of a dedicated HTC Vive headset.
IDC predicts that by 2020 the VR and augmented reality markets will reach $162 billion– suggesting huge potential for the technology. This will mostly remain in the consumer space, but where the consumer market goes, the workplace often follows. As VR experiences continue to improve throughout 2017, the prospects for meaningful business applications improve with it. In tourism for example, VR is already enabling ‘look before you book’ VR experiences to drive sales.
But beyond the hype of this exciting immersive technology there is a serious business issue to consider: the pressure of VR traffic on communications networks. Did you know that VR requires about five times as much bandwidth as HDTV? Not to mention very low latency to support an immersive experience. The technology will also have a significant impact on digital storage requirements.
Whether you’ve actively thought about introducing VR to your customer experience or not, there has never been greater bandwidth strain for businesses. VR is just one many emerging technologies that will put more demand than ever on business networks: Internet of Things, Augmented Reality, 4K video to name a few.
For our part, TalkTalk Business is constantly investing in our network so that it’s ready for the technologies of tomorrow and can handle the ever-increasing growth in bandwidth demand that rich traffic will place on networks. VR is a bit of fun for now, but make sure it doesn’t become a serious headache tomorrow.
Be one of the first to hear about how we can future proof your business by visiting us at stand N344.
Join Jon at IP EXPO Manchester
He will be offering more insight into the 5 questions you should be asking your network team, come along and find out more. Seminar details below:
The 5 questions you should be asking your network team
Jon Nowell, Product Innovation at TalkTalk Business
Wednesday 26th April at 3pm
Theatre: Cloud & Mobility
TalkTalk Business awarded Mitel Platinum Partner status
What is a Leased Line?
In this blog I’ll explain the differences between Broadband, Fibre Broadband and what is known as a dedicated leased line, as well as explaining the advantages and disadvantages of these services.