- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
What does digital evolution look like in your business? It's undoubtedly something that all companies need to invest in if they want to keep up in today's data-focused world, but every enterprise will have its own demands and expectations when it comes to building a digital business.
Digital transformation is driving growth in connectivity
For some, it could mean shifting key operations from old, on-premises solutions to flexible, cost-effective cloud computing platforms. For others, it may involve high-definition videoconferencing and fast file-sharing to support collaboration between employees situated around the country. Or perhaps augmented reality and robotics are top of your business agenda. There's no one answer to digital transformation, but all routes are certain to consume more bandwidth, require greater reliability and crave faster connectivity.
This demand for information is higher than ever, placing more pressure on networks. In real-world figures, TalkTalk processes nearly 52 billion web lookup requests on our network every day - and this is only going to increase as more devices come online.
TalkTalk’s new virtualised DNS
One way that we are ensuring TalkTalk Business’ network performs as efficiently as possible in this demanding environment is by investing in our domain name system (DNS). Speeding up this process means web pages can be delivered to users faster, greatly improving the overall browsing experience. That's why we recently invested in a better way of doing this with a DNS solution that uses virtualised software at the edge of the network.
Today this means that we're using more than 60 sites around the country in our network, so there'll always be a local DNS lookup and traffic never has to travel all across the UK.
TalkTalk Business customers access websites significantly faster
The result? Our customers can get responses up to twice as fast as before. That's why the SamKnows industry benchmark places us as the number one provider in the country for fibre broadband response times.
Add in to this other features such as load balancing, which ensures businesses get the best performance even at peak times, and heightened DNS protection that secures your service from common threats, and you won't just have a smoother experience, but a smarter and more reliable one.
At a time when demand for bandwidth is growing at such a fast pace, having a strong network provider underpinning your operations will be essential. With the right capabilities at the backbone of your operations, you'll be well-placed to make your digital transformation a success.
TalkTalk Business awarded Mitel Platinum Partner status
What is a Leased Line?
In this blog I’ll explain the differences between Broadband, Fibre Broadband and what is known as a dedicated leased line, as well as explaining the advantages and disadvantages of these services.