- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & insight
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- The Christmas No1 for Internet Traffic is...
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
TalkTalk Business Configuration Management Database
Over the last 12 months through blogs and events like our Symposium, we have shared with you our plans for some major enhancements that we are making to our Next Generation Network.
This 'Network Brilliance' programme ensures that our network supports the digital growth of UK business now and in the future. But of course, with these major enhancements also comes change, and from your feedback in our Voice of the Customer programme, we know we need to improve our change management processes and communication. So we are!
In the past few months we have completed the initial roll-out of a new, robust configuration management database (CMDB) working in partnership with BMC, leveraging their Atrium hosted software service.
A CMDB enables us to match up real technology active in our network to our online inventory; it seamlessly maps our network end to end, from a customer circuit right back to the core cabling.
With the better visibility this brings, we are transforming how we notify customers and Partners of changes and incidents on the TalkTalk network, as well as the potential impact to their businesses.
We are rolling-out the database in stages to ensure a smooth implementation, with the project coming to completion in the coming months. The feedback we have received from the customers and Partners involved in testing this first phase of the project has been very encouraging in terms of the improved accuracy of change management notifications. Not only do they have better awareness of any network changes and issues specifically affecting the exchanges they are linked to, they also have an improved ability to evaluate what would happen if a given network change took place.
Why this investment matters
The greater insight that the new CMDB is bringing is allowing us to improve the detail and accuracy of our service communications.
This ensures the information being communicated to you is clearer, simpler for you to deal with and ultimately, will help to reduce your cost of ownership.
We will keep you updated on the CMDB project and look forward to hearing your feedback. In the meantime, if you would like to find out more about the CMDB project or about our Voice of the Customer programme, contact your Account Manager or send us an email.