- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- The Future of Retail
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
It’s time to get back to business
Nobody has had the past 18 months off. Most businesses have still been operating to the best of their abilities, even if it has sometimes been a struggle. But with the lockdown phase of the pandemic apparently over (fingers crossed), it feels like a window of opportunity is opening for organisations across the UK.
According to many reports, consumer confidence beginning to resemble pre-pandemic levels, with consumer spending rising and GDP growing by 4.8% in second quarter of 2021 . Businesses can see light at the end of the tunnel, and that new optimism will have a knock-on effect throughout the economy, with the retail, finance, construction, hospitality and manufacturing sectors all looking to benefit.
But for firms to truly grasp this unique opportunity, they need the right IT infrastructure in place.
2019 seems a long time ago
That’s because the connectivity you relied on at the end of 2019 might not be keeping up with the extra cloud services and communication pressures on your bandwidth.
Business has fundamentally changed in the intervening period, and regardless of where the pandemic goes from here, much of that change is here to stay.
For example, many employees worked from home for the entire pandemic, and many of them will continue to do so even when it ends.
At the same time, e-commerce, cashless payments and video conferencing have all soared in popularity. Take-up of cloud-based services will continue to grow as businesses look to equip staff who might be in the office one day and working from home the next.
Connectivity to match your ambitions
We could go on but suffice to say that the connectivity that drives this new era of digital activity needs to be up to the job. A poor internet connection means stuttering video calls, slow file downloads and frequent dropouts. The effect on your business ambitions could be considerable.
At the same time, we understand that for many firms, money is tight. We’re just emerging from a once-in-a-lifetime global pandemic, after all, so any connectivity upgrade needs to walk a fine line between performance and cost.
Direct Internet Access (DIA) could be the answer for you. Also known as a leased line, DIA comes in different varieties to meet the needs of different types and sizes of business. It offers all the advantages of high-performance connectivity with extra resiliency built in.
The DIA difference
What does that mean in practice? Most importantly it means you get exclusive, uncontended bandwidth that is prioritised for your business. You don’t share it with anyone else, so it won’t slow to a crawl during peak times of the day. Fast download speeds are complemented by fast uploads, making DIA perfect for simultaneous applications like SIP, video conferencing and real-time business services.
At TalkTalk Business we offer three DIA alternatives, each designed for different business needs:
- EoFTTC (Ethernet over Fibre to the Cabinet) is a low-cost Ethernet service over the FTTC network. It has been designed with the needs of small businesses in mind, giving you the confidence to exploit a new generation of digital tools and services. It comes with a seven-hour fix time guarantee, our best-ever business-class Wi-Fi router, and our award-winning 24/7/365 support.
- EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) is an entry-level leased line product like EoFTTC, but uses multiple bundled copper telephone lines to add an extra layer of resilience. If one component fails, you won’t lose service. EFM is ideal for both Cloud-ready Internet Access and Private Network internet and MPLS services. It is especially popular in locations where fibre products would be difficult to install.
- Dedicated Leased Line is end-to-end fibre Ethernet that offers scalable ultrafast speeds up to 10Gbps. It is superbly resilient and secure (with no shared backhaul) and entirely flexible. You choose the bandwidth you want, from 10Mbps upwards. Dedicated Leased Line connectivity is the fastest, most robust DIA on the market and with fix times from just four hours – some of the quickest in the industry! – if something does go wrong, we’ll get you back up and running, fast!
Business is changing, and firms need to keep up with the times to thrive.
Remote or hybrid work, e-commerce and accelerated cloud adoption aren’t going away. The new normal will be a lot different from the old one, and to make the most of these trends, small businesses need fast and reliable connectivity.
DIA from TalkTalk Business gives you the bandwidth you want and the resilience you need at a price that’s right.
Call us now for better, faster, more reliable connectivity on 03301 733968