- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
The Christmas period is not just the time for giving, it is also the busiest time of year for many businesses. In recent years the Christmas peak has hit earlier and organisations now also have to cope with the increased demands of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Increase in web traffic: shoppers avoid high streets and go online
The last weekend showed that many retailers were left with empty stores as more shoppers went online. This isn’t surprising as last year we saw online traffic increase by 59% over the same period. As the trend continues it’s clear that organisations need to be prepared for the increased sales and activity levels over the weekend. The increased traffic this creates on the network now means that the challenges of Black Friday and Cyber Monday are now technical IT challenges.
TalkTalk Business gearing up for increased network demand
Events like this require proper planning and resource allocation. In the same way that retailers are fortifying their stores with more staff handling security and the checkouts, businesses also must fortify their networks to prepare with the massive increase in traffic. We are already gearing up our network to support organisations over the festive period – we are making sure that the network stays as stable as possible to handle increased demand by entering our “Network Freeze” period.
From 16th December to Tuesday 3rd January we will be suspending all significant works on the network to ensure a stable network environment for our customers during the Christmas period.
- From 16th December – 18th December, only low-risk work will be carried out on existing programmes, while regular weekly work will only be carried out if shown to have been implemented regularly without issue or incident
- From 19th December – 2nd January only limited emergency works will be taken, further ensuring the stability of the network at its most crucial time of year.
This is just one of the steps we are taking to deliver the best possible customer experience this Christmas period.
- Independent, Black Friday 2016: Streets deserted as shoppers go online and avoid high streets, 25 November 2016
- Experian, Festive Insights 2015
TalkTalk Business awarded Mitel Platinum Partner status
What is a Leased Line?
In this blog I’ll explain the differences between Broadband, Fibre Broadband and what is known as a dedicated leased line, as well as explaining the advantages and disadvantages of these services.