- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
With Small Business Saturday taking place soon across the UK – mark your calendars for December 3rd – we’re celebrating the fantastic work that small businesses are doing across the UK. Most of us can think of an exciting new start-up or local independent favourite that has a special place in our hearts, and this is our chance to show these incredible businesses our appreciation.
This year, Small Business Saturday has once again announced its prestigious Small Biz 100, highlighting 100 amazing small businesses in the 100 days leading up to Small Business Saturday. Hot on the heels of this announcement, we’ve gone out to speak to some of our fantastic customers who have made this year’s list, to find out more about why celebrating small businesses is so important, why their data connection matters to them, and what they see as the future of small businesses.
Podarok is an ambitious independent retailer with big plans and big ideas, always striving to find the best products and that’s not all – this is a business that is passionate about service and retail. Podarok currently has stores in Oxford and Cambridge. We caught up with the business’ owner Andry Pronin.
Why do you think it’s so important to celebrate the UK’s small businesses?
“Small businesses are the backbone of UK growth, and a sector that will only increase and become more profitable as the consumer moves back towards conscientious buying.”
How does your business make the most of its internet connection or telephone lines?
“Podarok has its entire till system and stock inventory on the cloud, as well as music playing through streaming sites and constant communication between our stores and management via email and chat. We also utilise all available social media streams to engage with our customers immediately.”
What do you think the future and new technology will mean for small businesses?
“A move away from paper accounting and record keeping means a much easier process of business management. Small businesses will need to move forward as quickly as possible for efficiency and to take full advantage of the ways it can improve their businesses.”
Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
As homeworking becomes the new normal, TalkTalk Business explores the technology and connectivity to make it work.
Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
Is residential up to the job of homeworking? No. Here’s why business fibre is the only connectivity that can reliably, securely, and cost effectively keep small businesses in business.
What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
Empowering home working through business fibre lines for remote workers could help UK businesses save money and excel in the new normal.