- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
The New Business Wi-Fi Hub:
Putting our best-ever Wi-Fi router at the heart of your business
Through COVID-19, the UK economy has relied heavily on internet connectivity and online retail to keep businesses operational. In fact, the TalkTalk Business network handled a 30% increase in demand for internet and video, as businesses shifted to remote working and e-commerce, as well as a 10% jump in voice traffic.
Improving Remote Working
As businesses acclimatise to these new norms of remote-working, both office and home connections need to support bandwidth-hungry video calling and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications that have now become indispensable.
To support this shift in business demands, TalkTalk Business has launched its best-ever Business Wi-Fi Hub - designed for businesses who need high-performing connectivity.
Optimised for TalkTalk Business’ Superfast Fibre network, the new Business Wi-Fi Hub can support up to 50 devices connected at one time. This means that offices and home-workers that share their connections with family members, can connect all their devices without having to worrying about overloading the router.
Also, MU-MIMO and beamforming technology help to pinpoint devices and boost the router’s signal, meaning faster, more reliable wireless speeds.
“Our new TalkTalk Business Wi-Fi hub is perfect for businesses looking to optimise their network performance and put their operation in the best position for economic recovery as businesses adapt to their new norms of working.” Lee Hull, Managing Director, TalkTalk Business
FTTP – The New Connectivity Standard
But, that’s not all we’ve been up to. We recently introduced Fibre-to-the-Premise (FTTP) services for our customers and we expect FTTP to become the new connectivity standard for the future, especially for homeworkers.
With service speeds reaching up (and past) 1 Gbps in certain areas, we’re providing the new Business Wi-Fi Hub as standard with all new Fibre packages. Not only to ensure that we serve our business customers with high performance, stable and reliable services, but to also ensure businesses have room to grow, without having to replace hardware, as their networking needs increase.
Enabling Proactive Connectivity Support
What’s more, our new partnership with ASSIA enables us to discover even more operational improvements for our customers who use our new Business Wi-Fi Hub, through network analysis and optimisation, as well as ongoing monitoring of end-user LAN performance.
This means we can optimise routing within our network and we also have an insight into the customers’ network performance, for both wireless and wired connections. This allows us to support our customers more proactively and advise them around how they can get the most out of their connectivity. The next phase of this will be to add this visibility into Support Centre, for our customers to view these details themselves, so watch out for more info soon!
Discover the Full Range of Networking Options
By developing the new Wi-Fi Business Hub, we have even more networking options for our customers, including some specifically for homeworkers, meaning connectivity becomes one less thing for businesses to worry about. Check out our Fibre services to discover how you could benefit from Fibre, or speak to your Account manager for more information.