- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Next steps on the journey for a better Openreach
2016 has been a year when many in the industry have become particularly vocal about the future of Openreach. During 2016, TalkTalk joined forces with Vodafone, Sky, the Federation of Communication Services and Three to launch a nationwide campaign to encourage businesses to have their say on the future of the UK’s connectivity. We were honoured that so many of you joined with us to call on Ofcom to take radical steps to Fix Britain’s Internet.
We had heard time and time again about your frustrations with Openreach, so when Ofcom announced a ten week consultation on whether Openreach should be legally separated from the rest of BT Group, the campaign swung into action.
We are hugely grateful to everyone who supported us by sharing the campaign with colleagues, friends and family members.
Two weeks ago, Ofcom announced that their negotiations with BT had come to nothing and they are pressing ahead with their separation plans by referring the issue to the European Commission. While we would like Ofcom to go further still, and go for full separation, we’re pleased that the regulator has taken a significant step on the journey to a better Openreach and better Internet access for everyone.
So what next? We will continue to do everything we can to work with Openreach to increase the speed of new Ethernet connections. Engagement is always the best option, and by changing the way that we work and communicate with Openreach (setting up dedicated contact teams for example), we have already seen better results for our customers.
To learn more about how we are collaborating with Openreach to improve service click here.