- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
Britain’s leading Ethernet provider TalkTalk Business, leads the charge in providing affordable, reliable connectivity for Partners, with interconnect resiliency
London, 26th February 2018 – Today, TalkTalk Business is pleased to announce that, it is now offering its Wholesale Partners across their vast Ethernet network, (over 3,000 exchanges) more affordable resiliency options than ever before with Shadow VLAN.
Shadow VLAN offers interconnect resiliency for Wholesale Ethernet, EoFTTC and EFM connectivity. TalkTalk Business is making this more accessible by reducing the cost as well as making it simple to order in their MyNet portal. Partners can see the benefits from just £10per connection, per month.
The Channel and many Service Providers are continuously failing to recognise that there is too often a single point of failure in the way networks are being designed; the interconnect between the Wholesale Ethernet Provider and Service Providers network. If this is interrupted, through a power outage or an issue with network equipment, then all traffic that uses that interconnect can come to a grinding halt. The impact of this can be disastrous for both the provider and the end their customers.
Shadow VLAN addresses this by instantly re-routing traffic to a secondary interconnect in the event of the primary one failing. Shockingly, over 90 percent of Wholesale Ethernet services are currently being ordered without this protection. This isn’t entirely their fault, some well-known providers do not even offer this business critical feature. This shows that there is still work to be done in terms of educating Service Providers and the wider Channel on the different types of resiliency available to them.
Pete Tomlinson, Commercial Director at TalkTalk Business said: “We all know the impact an outage can have in terms of disruption, cost and reputation, so it is simply wrong that so many people are leaving themselves vulnerable to this. Today marks the start of an educational campaign where we want to make this new level of resilience between, network operators and Service Provider the norm. I am really proud of the work the teams have done to make this easy and affordable for the benefit of all our partners and their end customers.
Whilst Shadow VLAN needs to be ordered by Network Service Providers who consume our Ethernet connectivity through an interconnect, it is just as important to Resellers who take connectivity from Wholesalers. As without that resilience, their customers’ connectivity could be exposed to a single point of failure resulting in potential huge losses.
Rakhee Rathod, B2B PR Manager TalkTalk Business