- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
On the first Saturday in December, the UK once again showed its overwhelming support for Small Business Saturday, the annual celebration of amazing small and growing businesses. Spend on the day itself was up 15% on the previous year, with over £717 million spent with small businesses before the day was up.
Shoppers flocked to their local high streets, with 80% of local authorities supporting the campaign in some way. Many offered free parking in town centres or held events of their own. With high profile support for the campaign from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition, as well as big names like Karen Brady, Sarah Willingham, Jacqueline Gold, Mark Wright and Levi Roots, it wasn’t long before Small Business Saturday was trending online. In total, 130,000 tweets were posted about Small Business Saturday on the day alone.
This year we were proud to once again support the campaign. We threw the spotlight on some of our fantastic customers who were included in this year’s prestigious Small Biz 100 list. Words of wisdom were offered by Podarok, London Fashion Agency, Bat and Bottle, and Spice Kitchen.
We also hosted a competition to win an iPhone where small businesses shared with us the best business calls that they had ever made or received, congratulations to our winner Sipsey Lingerie. Finally, we joined with Small Business Saturday for a live Twitter Q&A session, giving us the opportunity to offer our advice on how to get your business’ online presence ready for Small Business Saturday and beyond.
Small businesses are crucial for the UK economy, whether they’re the centre of the community on your local high street, or acting as the incubators of innovation online or in ecommerce. Small businesses are incredibly diverse, and many offer something which is totally unique.
We were so pleased to see Small Business Saturday in 2016 was bigger and better than ever, and we absolutely loved being a part of it again this year. It was fantastic in particular to catch up with the Small Business Saturday bus tour when it stopped in York on its travels across the UK.
Small Business Saturday 2016 might be over, but we’ll be continuing to support small businesses across the UK throughout the year.
Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
The next year will be huge for the telecommunications industry. Powered by the new full fibre strategy, the UK is a leader of technology. Want to learn more? We’ve gathered insights about the key things Telco’s should be paying attention to in 2019.
The Christmas No1 for Internet Traffic is...
Which websites and platforms drove the most traffic across our network this year? Click here to read our top five Christmas countdown from a peak consumption perspective.