- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & insight
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- Get an hour back every day
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Top tips for preparing your small business for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- The Northern Agenda
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
On the first Saturday in December, the UK once again showed its overwhelming support for Small Business Saturday, the annual celebration of amazing small and growing businesses. Spend on the day itself was up 15% on the previous year, with over £717 million spent with small businesses before the day was up.
Shoppers flocked to their local high streets, with 80% of local authorities supporting the campaign in some way. Many offered free parking in town centres or held events of their own. With high profile support for the campaign from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition, as well as big names like Karen Brady, Sarah Willingham, Jacqueline Gold, Mark Wright and Levi Roots, it wasn’t long before Small Business Saturday was trending online. In total, 130,000 tweets were posted about Small Business Saturday on the day alone.
This year we were proud to once again support the campaign. We threw the spotlight on some of our fantastic customers who were included in this year’s prestigious Small Biz 100 list. Words of wisdom were offered by Podarok, London Fashion Agency, Bat and Bottle, and Spice Kitchen.
We also hosted a competition to win an iPhone where small businesses shared with us the best business calls that they had ever made or received, congratulations to our winner Sipsey Lingerie. Finally, we joined with Small Business Saturday for a live Twitter Q&A session, giving us the opportunity to offer our advice on how to get your business’ online presence ready for Small Business Saturday and beyond.
Small businesses are crucial for the UK economy, whether they’re the centre of the community on your local high street, or acting as the incubators of innovation online or in ecommerce. Small businesses are incredibly diverse, and many offer something which is totally unique.
We were so pleased to see Small Business Saturday in 2016 was bigger and better than ever, and we absolutely loved being a part of it again this year. It was fantastic in particular to catch up with the Small Business Saturday bus tour when it stopped in York on its travels across the UK.
Small Business Saturday 2016 might be over, but we’ll be continuing to support small businesses across the UK throughout the year.
World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
It's expected that some 3.4 billion people will watch this year's World Cup - and they'll be doing a lot more than sitting in front of their TV. Find out more.
How to get an hour back every day
Your time is precious so don’t waste it. Here are 5 tips to save time every day.
What is a Leased Line?
In this blog I’ll explain the differences between Broadband, Fibre Broadband and what is known as a dedicated leased line, as well as explaining the advantages and disadvantages of these services.