- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Ofcom to withdraw 0500 number range
0500 numbers to be phased out in June
You may be aware that Ofcom has made a decision to withdraw the 0500 Freephone number range on 3rd June 2017.
The 0500 number range was created in 1982 but new 0500 numbers stopped being allocated twenty years ago in favour of a gradual focus on the better known 0800 Freephone number. Ofcom therefore made the decision to withdraw all remaining 0500 numbers given the low consumer awareness and the long-term decline in their use.
A small number of 0500 numbers are still being used on our network, so if you currently use a 0500 number you should contact your Account Manager to discuss the options. Ofcom has issued a replacement number for the remaining 0500 numbers, which begins with ‘08085’ and is followed by the last 6 digits of the existing 0500 number.
However you may wish to review your inbound contact strategy, and switch to an 0800, 03 or other type of inbound contact number.
Is it time to review your inbound contact strategy?
You may not be aware that we offer a full range of Business Numbers. Whether you want to encourage inbound calls with low-rate options for callers, give yourself a local or national presence, raise your profile with a memorable number, or generate revenue from calls, please get in touch. We can advise on a simple and effective inbound contact strategy.