- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030: TalkTalk Steps up to the Challenge
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Preliminary FY16 Results
This month TalkTalk Group released its preliminary results for the last financial year, and once again TalkTalk Business went from strength to strength. Over the last twelve months we’ve seen strong and profitable growth, continuing the trend of increasing our revenue by 5% year-on-year. These results continue to demonstrate that TalkTalk Business is a significant, profitable and fast-growing part of the business, with revenues of £384m – representing 30% of the overall Group performance.
We are one of the fastest growing B2B telecoms providers in the UK, and the numbers speak for themselves; corporate revenues within TalkTalk Business are up 2.4%, whilst compound annual growth since FY14 is over 6.0%. We have also seen demands for our data services continue to soar, with over 9,000 new high speed data lines connected, and orders for this service up 23.7% year-on-year. Our on-net wholesale base, made up of the retail customers of businesses such as the Post Office and Utility Warehouse, is also growing year-on-year. This growth is a reflection of our continued commitment to provide great value, high speed connectivity. High speed data has been, and will continue to be, a key focus of TalkTalk Business over the next year, with the only factor constraining our growth being BT Openreach’s struggles with provisioning.
This year we also acquired tlPicall, a leader in Next Generation Voice Services, and as a result we have been able to launch a market-leading SIP proposal in the Partner channel. We are really pleased that the feedback from TalkTalk Business customers has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are looking forward to growing and improving our voice services – in the coming months we will be adding International Numbers and World SIP to our existing portfolio, as well as expanding into the Carrier and Direct channels.
We’re planning for an even bigger and better future. We have a proud history of disruptive innovation which allows us to offer our SoHo, SME, corporate, enterprise and channel customers the best and most reliable services possible, and plan to double in size over the coming years. We’ll continue to grow our data products and next generation voice services, delivered both directly and through wholesale channels, and increase our customer base. As one of only two national wholesalers of broadband and fibre to the cabinet, we are looking forward to continuing to serve the needs of businesses, public sector customers, partners, systems integrators and carriers around the country.
For a detailed Group financial and business review, as well as insights into specific product areas such as Broadband, Mobile, Fibre, TV, Network, please visit the TalkTalk Group website for the full version of the press release.