- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Preliminary FY17 Results
TalkTalk shows strong data revenue growth, up 30.8 per cent in latest results
- TalkTalk Business has once again seen impressive growth, with a 30.8 per cent increase in data revenue
- Across the year, revenue growth accelerated in H2 to +6.1 per cent, up from +2.3 per cent in H1
- The number of new Ethernet and EFM lines increased by 8,000 during the year as demand for high speed data services grew strongly
TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC's preliminary financial results for the 12 months to 31 March 2017 have today revealed another year of strong growth for TalkTalk Business. Overall revenues have strongly contributed to Group performance, growing by over 4 per cent year on year. TalkTalk Business continues to be a significant, profitable and fast growing part of the business, and the division has ambitions to double its size over the medium term, driven by continuing growth in high bandwidth data products and next generation voice services ahead of the 2025 ISDN switch-off.
TalkTalk Business is one of the fastest growing B2B telecoms providers in the UK, serving the needs of some of the UK's biggest businesses, as well as SMEs, partners, systems integrators and carriers around the country. TalkTalk Business recently announced its intention to take advantage of the opening up of the Ethernet market with the introduction of Dark Fibre access later this year.
TalkTalk Business has seen data revenues grow strongly up 30.8 per cent over the year, with over 8,000 new high speed Ethernet and EFM (Ethernet for the first mile) data lines connected. Business demand for high speed data is growing rapidly, and following Ofcom's proposed separation of Openreach from BT, TalkTalk Business anticipates it will be able to increase delivery of high speed, value for money, Ethernet connections in the short and medium term.
Whilst legacy voice revenues declined by 17.9 per cent in line with the established market trend, there was a strong take-up of TalkTalk Business's new next generation IP voice product, with revenue growth during the year of 20 per cent. The launch of new IP Voice products followed TalkTalk Business' acquisition of tIPicall in April 2015, with momentum growing in the run-up to the 2025 ISDN switch-off. 116 Partners have now signed up to sell this new service and the total base of SIP channels on the platform, including acquired base, increased by 7,340 channels (+65 per cent) during the year. The acquisition has continued our diversification into next generation telephony services, further demonstrated by our hosted telephony platform which saw the user base grow by 43 per cent.
Kristine Olson-Chapman, Managing Director at TalkTalk Business, comments: "We're incredibly pleased to see TalkTalk Business continue to be one of the highest growth parts of the TalkTalk Group. Even more encouraging is the increase in demand for next generation voice and data services. We're committed to investing in our networks and innovating in the products and services that we offer, to ensure that the UK's businesses have the tools they need to be world leaders, today and into the future."
For a detailed Group financial and business review, as well as insights into specific product areas such as Broadband, Mobile, Fibre, TV, Network, please visit https://www.talktalkgroup.com/articles/talktalkgroup/2017/TalkTalk-shows-strong-data-revenue-growth--up-30.8--in-latest-results--.
Gary O'Sullivan/Andrew Rogers, Diffusion
0207 291 0235