- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Hackers use COVID-19 in scam tactics
As concern around the Coronavirus grows, hackers are targeting mailboxes to try and catch businesses and individuals out with their usual tricks, using COVID-19 to lure people in.
We know that these types of emails are not always easy to spot, so we have identified a few examples to share with you. This article should help increase your awareness of what to keep an eye out for, so you won’t be a victim of these malicious campaigns.
Follow these tips and don't get caught out:
- Look out for poor grammar or spelling mistakes
- Never click on the links or open any attachments from emails you are not expecting
- Check the sender – does it look legitimate?
- Don't forward the emails to anyone, instead use the reporting button if you have that option on your email platform, or report to email@example.com
- Are you being asked to verify your bank details? Be wary of this
- Does it use your full name? Phishing emails usually use terms like 'Dear Customer' as they don’t have your personal details.
- Does it use an attention-grabbing subject header? Look for phrases like "you've won!", "forward this to everyone you know!" or "this is NOT a hoax!
Examples of malicious COVID-19 emails
Here are some examples of real scam emails, so you know the kinds of things to look out for.
COVID-19 example # 1:
On first glance, this email looks like it’s been sent from a medical specialist, with an informative attachment providing safety tips. However, if you look closer, you can see that there several red flags such as poor grammar, the suspicious email address it’s been sent from, and the attachment it’s telling you to download.
COVID-19 example # 2:
This appears to be a genuine email from the Government advising on a tax rebate. However, you can see that there are some details that don’t add up; the hyperlink, poor grammar and strange content, as well as the lack of recipient address and suspect sender name. This is a well-documented scam, you can read more about it here: https://www.yourmoney.com/saving-banking/abhorrent-coronavirus-tax-rebate-scam-warning/
COVID-19 example # 3:
Using an enticing subject title to draw you in, at first it seems to be a free health-checker which in the current circumstances, you may be drawn to open. On closer inspection, the suspicious hyperlinks in the document and poor grammar should make you question whether the email is genuine, and in this case, it’s not.
How to report a Phishing email
We take your security very seriously, so if you've received an email pretending to be from TalkTalk or another business, please let us know by forwarding the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security team will investigate this and block them on our network where appropriate.
To learn more about how to protect your business from online fraud and cyber-criminal activity, check out our article COVID-19: Keeping your business secure while working remotely.
Remote working advice for businesses
For suggestions and advice that could help your staff make the most of their home connectivity, as well as other tips and FAQs around remote working, click here.