- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & insight
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- The Christmas No1 for Internet Traffic is...
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
Our Relationship with the Web
39% of businesses advocate social media sites for better staff productivity
The Opinions of 1,000 Voices
No matter which sector you work in or how you like to spend your down time, most of us would agree that the internet has been pretty revolutionary. From conference calls across continents, to a last minute recipe find while you’re standing in the supermarket, we’ve come fairly reliant on an internet connection.
The Broadband And Me eBook explores how people are using the internet on a daily basis and how essential a reliable broadband connection has become.
Do you have a view you want to share? Get involved in the conversation using #BroadbandAndMe.
Our Newest Utility - An Internet Connection
Research has been carried out by leading survey platform, Pollfish, to explore the views and attitudes of 1,000 members of the British public have towards internet use.
The investigation touches on topics such as how fast broadband impacts business efficiency, the dividing on personal social media use at work and what the future of the internet might look like.
According to statistics featured in the eBook, by 2020 the volume of web traffic is predicted to be 95 times that of 2005. In fact in the future, broadband could even be considered a ‘fourth utility’ which is interesting as our survey revealed that a massive 92% of people use the internet for recreational purposes on a daily basis.
The research shows that:
- 35% claim that their jobs are totally reliant on having an internet connection.
- 77% saw an obvious contrast in how businesses are run due to the internet.
Faster, cheaper and more reliable business (and private) broadband connections are also giving rise to whole new economies such as the blogging/vlogging industry and what has come to be known as the new ‘gig economy’. Young people and budding entrepreneurs are now using the internet as a platform to launch their careers, correlating with an increase in the popularity of freelance work and short-term jobs.
For more information on how the internet is shaping business and the importance of a good broadband connection for modern day recreation, download the eBook today.
If you want to have your say or share the eBook, don’t forget to use the hashtag #BroadbandAndMe.