- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Digital transformation made easy
Digital transformation helps businesses leverage multiple technologies to accelerate their impact and become more agile.
68% of businesses have a digital transformation strategy in place, or are in the process of implementing one, research by Vanson Bourne revealed. However, many businesses are still reluctant to change and are at risk of falling behind.
Whether it’s due to a lack of understanding, or feeling overwhelmed at the challenge, I’ve put together 5 ways that you can help your customers overcome some of the common challenges of digital transformation:
Update from legacy systems
Security is paramount for any business, but even the most security-savvy businesses are at risk of cyber-attacks if they are still using legacy systems. In addition, legacy systems are much slower and are prone to failures and errors, all of which has a detrimental effect on a businesses’ productivity and efficiency.
Action: Awareness is key. Advise your customers to conduct an audit of all the systems they use to get an idea of what needs to be updated or migrated onto new systems. Once they’ve obtained the scale of the work, they can begin the migration process by mapping out old legacy systems to the new versions. This ensures that no information is lost in the process and the migration can be done in stages rather than becoming one overwhelming task. It’s important to note that legacy is not exclusive to the age of the system or piece of software, it is in comparison to what else is on the market.
Move to the cloud
Believe it or not, some businesses are yet to join the cloud. Using cloud services promote easy collaboration, resourcing and scalability, as well offering as an unlimited amount of space for data and file storage and increasing security.
84% of UK businesses plan to increase their use of cloud services in 2019 in pursuit of digital transformation, stated in research by Vanson Bourne, with the majority of UK-based IT and business decision-makers viewing cloud services as vital components of their strategy.
The research also revealed that organisations are spending more money on cloud infrastructure than they are on on-site premises. It predicted that by 2022 only 12% of IT budgets will be spent on legacy technology as more people have adopted the cloud.
Action: Do you customers truly know the benefits of cloud technology? Once you’ve educated them on the highlights of cloud technology, you can help them develop a cloud strategy focusing on what can be moved over now and what will take longer to switch.
Help them find alternatives to ISDN
The 2025 switch off is coming! I repeat, the 2025 switch off is coming! You might sound like a broken record but reminding your customers that all WLR (Wholesale Line Rental) communications are being switched off by 2025 is crucial including Analogue, ISDN and SMPF services.
Action: Provide your customers with an alternative to WLR such as SIP Trunks or Hosted Voice. These IP voice solutions are more flexible, efficient and cost-effective and will reduce loss of downtime. Remind your customers that if they have a resilient, high-quality Internet connection (which they do) then their IP voice service will perform much better than traditional services. Plus, you can think about including additional services that run alongside SIP trunking like video, data and instant messaging, so you can offer a comprehensive suite of products and stand out from the competition.
Can your customers integrate artificial intelligence (AI) into their business operations? Many businesses use AI when working with big data and machine learning to make operations quicker and more accurate. If your customers process large amounts of data, then adopting AI programs could be the right solution to speed things up. AI programmes can perform tasks much quicker than a human ever could and there is less chance of errors in the calculations.
Action: AI can be beneficial for some businesses, but it shouldn’t be used for the sake of using AI. Speak to your customers about how they’d use AI and discuss the ROI before spending on new technology.
Educate and inspire
Are your customers the real barriers to their own digital transformation? Some businesses are set in their old ways and afraid to make the change to going fully digital. There might be some people in the business who are open to change, while others view it negatively and act as blockers.
Action: As you’re their strategic partner, you can empower your customers to start their digital transformation. Remind them that the aim of digital transformation is not to get rid of jobs, or to make more work for them. Digital transformation will reduce costs, improve security and help them become a more efficient business.
Want to learn more? Please contact your Account Manager to discuss how we can help facilitate your digital transformation.