- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
This year’s Capacity Europe took place at the InterContinental London – the O2 London. It’s one of the largest events within the global telecommunications community boasting impressive stats – with over 2500 attendees representing over 650 companies from 90 countries all over the world.
TalkTalk Business has attended Capacity Europe for 10 years and this is the second time we’ve exhibited. One of the reasons we look forward to the event is because it provides an invaluable opportunity for us to catch up with our global customers, as many have travelled from all corners of the globe to be there. In fact, Capacity Europe and International Telecoms Week are the only two events that many global customers attend annually, so it’s vital that we attend. Our stand was well positioned for maximum footfall, in a bright and spacious area of the event. We unveiled our refreshed branding which attracted many visitors and we were kept busy with enquiries and meetings throughout the event.
A fibre first future
The Capacity Europe 2019 agenda was packed full of new insights and thought leadership, led by experts from the telecommunications industry. Topics included full fibre, SD-WAN, blockchain, subsea and 5G. As the need for higher bandwidth continues to surge due to new technology and user behaviour, our industry is coming up with innovative ways to help businesses meet the demand.
As TalkTalk Business is a fibre first provider, we were excited to engage in discussions with attendees and our customers about bringing FTTP to the market and encouraging customers to start their Ultrafast journey with us.
In addition, there was an excellent discussion about the topic of women in telco and tech roles, which is something we are very passionate about. We believe that hiring a more diverse workforce, which includes women from a variety of backgrounds, is the key to helping our industry to grow and thrive.
Voice isn’t declining quietly
From a voice perspective, we had a packed diary end to end. Don’t believe the hype, voice is not declining quietly, there is still plenty to go at. We were approached by carriers across the spectrum and big names keen to engage with TalkTalk Business who were interested in what we could provide to them. Of our existing partners, it was great to hear positive feedback about the quality of our network, our great relationships and our value as a partner.
Global Carrier Awards and World Communication Awards
The Global Carrier Awards is part of Capacity Europe and took place on the evening of the second day. TalkTalk Business was nominated for two awards, Best Wholesale Sales Team and the Network Innovation award. The World Communication Awards also took place on the same evening and as TalkTalk Business were also nominated for two awards, Customer Experience (One Plan) and Best Network Transformation Initiative (Network Brilliance Programme), the Carrier team split up to be able to attend both awards. Unfortunately, we didn’t win, but being shortlisted was a great achievement and we had a fantastic evening celebrating the achievements of our industry.
At the World Communication Awards, John Simpson was fantastic as guest speaker and host. Whilst he was somewhat flummoxed by some of the terms, such as ZTE Corporation’s Elastic Network Slicing innovation, he spoke of his own experience of the vast advance in telecommunications over his career. Decades ago, a news story would be recorded on film in Africa, taken to the airport, given to a willing passenger who was flying to London, where it would be collected at the airport and driven to the broadcaster for the following day’s news. In contrast, he was recently on the other side of the world, recorded a freak storm on his phone and emailed it to the broadcaster for transmission straight away.
We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Capacity Europe 2019. On behalf of the TalkTalk Business Carrier team, thank you to the event organisers and contributors who helped to create another fantastic event. It’s always a pleasure to catch up with our customers, especially those who have travelled from across the pond, and meet new people who share our vision for the future of telecoms.