- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
TalkTalk Business has been helping Partners to accelerate their fibre upsell campaigns by utilising several types of data to provide a clear picture of their customer base, highlighting which customers would benefit from upgrading to fibre products such as Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC).
Many customers are on the incorrect products for their usage type, whether that’s from a lack of education about different products and services or not realising their own usage. TalkTalk Business has developed a dataset to analyse the performance of broadband assets and drive analysis to easily identify customers who should be on a product that better suits their needs.
For instance, a family of four might think their internet is not performing well because they can’t connect and use multiple devices at once. However, it is likely that MPF is not the optimal product and through data analysis we can help partners identify high usage users and therefore target those who require a connection that suits their data requirements such as fibre. Another type of customer could be a small business that operates from home and requires reliable connectivity to manage their website, send files over email and engage in video conferencing calls. However, they don’t realise their broadband speed is too slow to handle these tasks. By working in partnership with one of our largest B2B2C Partners, TalkTalk Business has been able to identify and analyse groups of customers with slow speeds and/or high usage who would be better served by FTTC. This approach led to much better customer targeting and significantly improved conversions to fibre.
Increasing upsell through data
We utilised Service Index Data, Customer Data (Risk Profile) and Fibre Availability Wash Data to highlight which of the Partner’s customers would benefit from an upgrade such as slow speed broadband customers and high usage customers. You can read more about these insights in this blog.
Once we’d identified the customers who would benefit the most from an upgrade, we worked with our partner to create a series of personalised, service-led emails that demonstrated the benefit of taking fibre for each customer. The data not only working to identify the right customers to target but also being used to personalise the message and drive the highest conversion. For example, we displayed the current average downstream speed and then using Fibre Wash we presented the estimated and minimum guaranteed speeds.
We can then calculate the difference, which for some customers was huge. For example, a customer could have a current average speed of 2.22Mbps on their broadband line, but if they upgraded to fibre, they would get estimated speeds of 66.66- 80Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed with fibre of 44.44Mbps. Being able to communicate this directly and uniquely to end customer has been one of the driving factors behind the significantly enhanced results.
Making it easy to upgrade
The emails include a ‘One Click Upgrade’ button in each email to make it as simple as possible for the customer to upgrade to fibre which also removed the need for the customer to call up. Once the customer clicks the ‘One Click Upgrade’ button, they are directed to a thank you and confirmation landing page. The upgrade extracts are automatically taken and passed onto the agents to process the upgrades.
Significantly increased conversion rates
Multiple Partners have achieved impressive results since the fibre upsell campaign was launched, with a typical conversion rate between 10-15% in the campaign emails. This compares to usual conversion rate for marketing campaigns of 1-2%. This approach has utilised a true partnership approach to drive the right results for partners and their customers. TalkTalk Business are committed to extending this approach in the future allowing partners to identify further opportunities and benefits for both them and their customers.
Are you interested in selling FTTC to your customers? Please contact your Account Manager to learn how we can help your business.