- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- Update: Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Comms Vision 2018
Comms Vision returned to the breathtaking Gleneagles Hotel for one of the most highly anticipated events in the channel calendar, bringing together 150 leading experts from the Comms industry for three days of thought-provoking content, industry insights and networking.
What did we learn?
This year’s theme was ‘Digital Britain’ with an emphasis on the Government’s plans to position the UK as a leader of technology in a post Brexit Britain. The Government recently launched the long-term strategy for telecommunications, which aims to provide the majority of the nation with access to 5G, connect 15 million premises to full fibre broadband by 2025, and provide full fibre broadband coverage across all of the UK by 2033. It’s a particularly exciting time for the channel, we’ve been ambitious about the future of fibre and now it’s coming to fruition – but will Britain’s infrastructure be able to cope?
Kristine Olson-Chapman, Managing Director of TalkTalk Business, confirmed the importance of fibre in her interview at Comms Vision. “The only way forward is full fibre and the race is on." She also noted that this could have a huge impact on channel business that fail to adapt to the demands of the market. "In the past the Government sat on the fence and nobody knew how an infrastructure upgrade would be funded. Now the Government and Ofcom are clear and have made an explicit policy change in favour of competition.” She went on to urge channel business to act now.
As well as being a platinum sponsor of the event, TalkTalk Business held two boardroom sessions.
One focused on the future of connectivity and was led by Simon Leather, Head of Connectivity at TalkTalk Business. In his session, Simon examined the future of connectivity and discussed how the access landscape will change radically with a patchwork of Fibre providers. He highlighted that as a scale player with a challenger mentality we are well positioned to ‘stitch the patchwork’ together with a combination of our mature service delivery, portals and APIs.
The second boardroom session was presented by Dan Richardson, Chief Operating Officer at TalkTalk Business, who discussed service and customer experience simplification for a Digital Britain. Dan discussed the importance of understanding your customer’s feedback and shared the ways in which we’re improving our customer experience at TalkTalk Business with the help of our new One Customer Desk and an obsessive focus on automation, APIs and portals.
What was clear from speaking to other guests at Comms Vision is that the Partner channel is brilliantly placed to serve UK businesses and help them navigate through a range of new opportunities, from cloud-based services to connectivity types. However, whilst the channel is brilliantly placed, Partners are still keen to learn and welcome the insight, support and thoughts of leading carriers to help develop your plans and strategies. The Merger and acquisition space is alive and kicking with a lot of private equity available, allowing solid business’s to drive rapid and exciting growth plans.
We had a fantastic time at this year’s Comms Vision and want to thank everyone who took the time to attend the boardroom sessions and the 121 meetings. We hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as we did.