- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
Every one of us is a google user, whether we realise it or not.
We might start our day by checking emails in Gmail, or hunt for an external meeting location in Maps. We turn to google for to ask everyday questions like “How to chop an onion without eyes watering” or lsitening to ”my feel good playlist” on YouTube.
Google processes over 7 billion search queries daily in 2019. The best part? Your customers are included in that number. And they don’t just use Google for consumer related queries, they’re asking important questions that could help drive your business.
We were lucky enough to have Katy Eckersley and Tristan Bentall, Industry Managers at specialising in Telco at Google, presenting at the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019. They led a session focusing on using digital insights to boost your business.
Here are some of the key insights they shared.
We’re obsessed with speed…
Can you afford to lose customers due to a slow website?
53% of mobile site users leave a page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load. As 55% of all Internet Service Provider searches take place on mobile devices, it’s critical that your mobile site can handle traffic and load quickly.
A study focusing on smartphone users found that loading delays increased the user’s heart rate by 38% on average. The effect becomes worse when a video starts to play and then stops to load, leading to a 34% increase in stress, which is the equivalent to the anxiety generated by taking an exam or watching a horror movie.
VoIP is one of the most popular searches
Google found that in the B2B telco industry, VoIP is one of the most popular search terms, ahead of cloud, connectivity, ethernet and broadband. If you want to increase google search traffic to your website, you could create more content focused around VoIP.
However, 1 in 3 broadband searches are related to speed. This goes to 1 in 2 when looking at non-branded searches. Some of the most common search terms include fastest broadband, fastest broadband UK, best broadband speed in my area, broadband speed checker, Internet speed checker, Wi-Fi speed test among many more variations.
One of the best ways to drive traffic to your website is by creating relevant, useful and interesting content in the form of blogs, webinars, videos, infographics and more. The right content helps you to position yourselves as an authority and a thought leader on important topics that are relevant to your industry. Plus, it provides content that you can share on social media to build up your company profile.
Smarter technology calls for better connectivity
With 34 billion devices forecasted to be connected to the Internet by 2020, we’re going to need smarter technology powering everything we do, which means faster and more reliable connectivity.
This creates a huge opportunity for the channel to sell fibre products such as FTTP, with higher bandwidth and faster speeds, equating to an improved customer experience. Once a customer is on FTTP, they are unlikely to move and there is a clear and easy bandwidth upgrade path, so providers that get customers on FTTP early will reap the rewards.
It’s a great time to be a connectivity provider!