- Partner Types
- Why Wholesale Services?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- Update: Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Comms Vision 2021
- Looking back at 2021
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services appoints Ruth Kennedy as Chief Sales Officer
- Our new operating model
- Channel Live 2022: What to expect
- Openreach Marketing Campaign in Mildenhall
- Great together: Building long lasting partnerships
- TalkTalk Group Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Virtual1
- Our 3 Key Highlights at Channel Live
- Great Together: The Ultimate Enabler
- Great Together: Not all heroes wear capes
- EAD: Why do my customers need faster speeds?
- Fibre in the channel: Are we on track for 2030?
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services win ‘Best Wholesale Fibre Provider’ at the UK Fibre Awards 2022!
- Honing a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
- Great Together: Dedicated to making things simple
- Sustainability Through Fibre
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Last month we invited over 100 of our Carrier and Partner customers to the Ministry of Sound for the Connectivity Matters Summit. The aim wasn’t to go clubbing, but to champion connectivity and emphasise why it matters to every one of us.
There were so many brilliant takeaways from the day, and we’ll be sharing more of the content with you over the next coming months.
Here are my key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit:
We are a disruptor
From our market-leading propositions, to our Partner events, it’s clear that we like to do things differently. Instead of settling for a typical hotel suite or conference room, the TalkTalk Business team chose the Ministry of Sound – a vibrant venue that reflected our disruptive personality.
TalkTalk’s Chairman, Sir Charles Dunstone, echoed our disruptive nature by sharing the story of how he built Carphone Warehouse by offering consumers affordable and reliable connectivity at a time when there was very little choice in the market.
“We like to be the alternative, the rebel that shocks people, and we still uphold the ideology of Carphone Warehouse in giving people choice, value and transparency,” Charles stated. This is very much still at the heart of how we do business today as we continue to deliver excellent value for our customers.
The future is fibre
Britain’s infrastructure is woefully behind in the race for fibre, with only five or six percent coverage, while rival economies enjoy coverage of around 80 per cent. Fibre will accelerate the UK connectivity market and be transformational for both business customers and consumers. There is no question about whether the UK needs fibre, but more how can we make it a reality. The success of full fibre rests on the shoulders of the UK’s connectivity providers, who must work together to form meaningful partnerships.
What happens when you put four leading connectivity providers in a room together and ask them about the future of fibre? That’s exactly what we did, and the results were lively to say the least. Lead by TalkTalk Business’ Fibre for Everyone Director, Guy Miller, the panel gave us food for thought and was one of the highlights of the day.
Robotics and AI use is growing
In a session focused on robotics and AI, we asked the audience which technologies they have implemented in their business. 72% of the audience said that they had implemented robotic process automation (RPA) in their business, while 56% were using chatbots. However, less than a quarter of the audience had implemented Cognitive reasoning, Optical character Recognition or Natural language Processing. This demonstrates that businesses are utilising AI and robotics technology more regularly to speed up processes, yet there is still work to do done before these technologies are commonplace.
Over the last three years, TalkTalk Business has used robotics to drive improvements in customer experience and operational efficiency by managing volume and non-critical workloads and increasing real-time order and supplier updates. Automation has saved over 40,000 work hours per year and is on track to break £1 million in savings.
We have a switched-on audience
There’s one thing for sure, our Partners are passionate about connectivity and curious to learn how they can keep utilising it to drive their businesses. Throughout the day we asked the audience to submit questions via the event app during sessions. According to the app moderator, it was one of the highest number of questions asked during an event they had worked on. The majority of the questions were asked during the ‘New connectivity landscape’ panel with Openreach, FibreNation, G.Network and Gigaclear, which is understandable considering the challenges of the fibre rollout.
Thank you to everyone who attended the Connectivity Matters Summit and to all those who took the time to present and speak on the day. It was an event to remember and we hope to turn it into an annual event.