- Partner Types
- Why Wholesale Services?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- Update: Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Comms Vision 2021
- Looking back at 2021
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services appoints Ruth Kennedy as Chief Sales Officer
- Our new operating model
- Channel Live 2022: What to expect
- Openreach Marketing Campaign in Mildenhall
- Great together: Building long lasting partnerships
- TalkTalk Group Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Virtual1
- Our 3 Key Highlights at Channel Live
- Great Together: The Ultimate Enabler
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Building on last years’ Digital Britain theme, Comms Vision 2019 explored the challenges and opportunities facing the channel today. Over the course of three days, TalkTalk Business and experts from the industry came together to listen, learn and share best practice and innovation.
For TalkTalk Business, Comms Vision is one of the most significant events in the channel calendar. It provides the opportunity to catch up with our Partners and share ideas with some of the brightest thinkers in the channel community. I’d like to thank the organisers for producing such an insightful event and to all the contributors who made it one to remember. I’d also like to give a special thanks to all our Partners who took the time to meet with us in the 121 sessions.
Throughout the two days of the conference agenda, it was remarkable to me how our industry is currently navigating through an unprecedented shift in technology. The spotlight was well and truly focused on full fibre and the message was very clear; the channel must leverage the opportunity that disruption brings.
Uniting new and disruptive technologies
Gary Steen, TalkTalk’s Managing Director for Technology, Change and Security, kicked off the opening panel on day one. The discussion centred around what will form the long-term strategy and vision behind building Digital Britain. Gary advised that a high performing network was critical to meet the growing bandwidth demands, which will only continue to grow, and that providers must prepare for this outcome before it is too late.
He also advised that collaboration is the key to success as the new world is more complex. "We see, especially among the altnets, a tapestry of capability emerging across the UK footprint. Therefore, the customer has far more choice, but with that choice comes the complexity of putting it all together. We're moving away from a single party approach towards an ecosystem based on collaboration."
At no other time has the industry come together in this way, but Digital Britain is about uniting new and disruptive technologies and understanding the practicalities that drive digital transformation in UK businesses. Channel partners must grasp the opportunity of leading Digital Britain and act in their own and the nation’s interest.
Disruptors usually win
Guy Miller, TalkTalk’s Fibre for Everyone Programme Director, delivered a rousing keynote speech to the attendees of Comms Vision on day two. He discussed TalkTalk’s successful full fibre trials in York and how the experience has put TalkTalk Business in pole position to deliver FTTP to its Partners.
The learnings could be split into 4 key areas which were fundamental to the success of the rollout:
1) Education - clearing up any misconceptions about what full fibre is, as many consumers believed they already had full fibre (when they really had FTTC).
2) Disruption – digging up the streets and disturbing traffic was an annoyance to locals, but it also helped TalkTalk to raise awareness of what we were doing in the area.
3) The local community – We didn’t want to appear like another big telco, so we offered supportive sponsorships and worked with locals. This in turn raised positive word of mouth and increased sales.
4) Go all in with fibre – We don’t sell copper products in York, our NPS score is in the 40s and we are expecting less than a 4% churn.
Guy also urged channel partners to embrace disruption, grasp opportunities, gain confidence and elevate industry performance. As he put it, “Disrupters usually win, and those who work with disrupters also win," echoing that now is the time to collaborate and put your money where your mouth is.
TalkTalk Business will help Partners access FTTP is a simple way, reducing the headache of working with multiple access providers and providing one easy customer experience. "We will work with other access providers and become the 'enabler'’” he said. "We are not going to create a world of pain for the channel. We'll work with providers to bring the same set of standards, APIs, billing etc, and be transparent, meaning that partners can choose their preferred access provider."
“Everything must fundamentally change in seven years," he continued. "This is a challenge for the comms channel which is accustomed to acquiring fully packaged and polished products from suppliers. That's not yet the case with full fibre, but this is the biggest land grab the comms industry has ever seen and whoever sells first to the customer will be in there for years. Act now - this is a land grab opportunity - first in will win."
To read the full write up of Guy Miller’s talk, please visit Comms Dealer.