- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Easy to do business with: Customer Experience
If you want loyal customers, you need to make customer experience a top priority. Price no longer drives loyalty, customers are committed to businesses that they believe treat them well. In fact, 68% of customers switched supplier for a better customer experience, research by Gartner found. While 48% of customers who had a negative experience told 10 or more others, Harvard Business Review stated.
Customer Experience is the new battlefield
89% of companies expect to compete mostly on customer experience, versus 36% when asked the same question four years ago. The more agile your business is, the easier it becomes to adapt to your customers’ changing needs, and the better your long-term results will be. By keeping your customer experience responsive, simple and honest, you’ll easily stand out in the market.
At this year’s Comms Vision, I had the pleasure of speaking to some of our Partners and sharing the ways we’re improving our customer experience as part of our objective to become ‘easy to do business with’. I’ve summarised some of what I shared in this blog.
What does ‘easy to do business with’ mean for you?
In an increasingly complicated industry, we’re on a mission to be easy to do business with. The easier we are to do business with, the more value we can pass onto our Partners, and the more value you can pass onto your customers.We use four key principles to guide our customer experience:
- Simplicity - our APIs and Portals enable our Partners to spend more time selling to customers and less time resolving issues.
- Empowerment – we’ve empowered our teams to take end-to-end accountability for any issues which reduces hand-off points (especially if you’re buying multiple products) saving Partners time, and therefore money.
- Multiskilling – we’ve invested in structured training and development throughout the company, so there are more skilled people available to help you.
- Collaboration – our cross-functional One Customer Desk has a single point of ownership for faster resolution, so you won’t be passed from pillar to post to resolve your query.
Your feedback is vital
The most successful businesses are the ones that listen to their customers and learn from the feedback.
We take our CSAT very seriously: every quarter we conduct in-depth interviews with our Partners. The feedback gathered in these interviews help us to improve our service year on year and drives real change.
Automate for a better experience
Automating processes can make your operations more responsive, proactive, and in some cases, personalised. With the rise of Artificial Intelligence (AI), there are a variety of options for you to use automation to improve your customer experience.
Here are some of the examples of automation we’re working on at TalkTalk Business:
Our industry still relies heavily on email and non APIS processes as update mechanisms. That’s why we’ve invested heavily in robotics (Blue Prism) to extract the pertinent information from core email processes such as deemed consent updates (we currently electronically process 2500 Clarity Engineering updates and 5000 Deemed Consent emails a week).
From these emails we can distil the pertinent detail and automatically update the Partner and their own systems.
Big Data Mining
We have over 3000 exchanges and 10,000’s of pieces of hardware. By linking these together to get a complete picture of the network, we can understand the customer impact of any failure from port to card, to device to backhaul.
The configuration management database (CMDB) project will bring this data to life and allow improved outage reporting to our Partners, reducing delays caused by manual interrogation.
Implementing good customer experience
Excellent customer experience won’t happen overnight, it’s a journey that will take time to develop.
We’d love to tell you more about our plans to improve customer experience on your account review and get your feedback. Please contact your Account Manager to find out more.