- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
If you’ve had a chance to read some of our earlier instalments, you’ll already be aware of how we’re collaborating with Openreach to improve Ethernet provisioning for you. It fits into our wider drive to make TalkTalk Business the easiest provider to do business with.
Our focus for improving Ethernet provisioning broadly fits into 3 main objectives:
- Reducing the time taken to carry out new installs
- Reducing the install backlog, or Work in Progress (WIP)
- Improving Openreach's communication with customers during the installation process
In this blog, I’m going to cover objective 3; improving Openreach’s communication. This is a huge area of focus for TalkTalk Business as the status quo simply isn’t acceptable. There’s a lot of work to be done, but I’m pleased to say we are pushing the envelope with Openreach and seeing good progress.
So how have we been improving the communication?
Regularly communicating with our customers
We believe communication and efficiency are key to good service and know that we can’t keep you up to speed with silence. You want your services provided in a timely manner, but you also need constant communication to better understand the installation process, and resolve any issues as and when they. Even the most patient among us will expect an update from their service provider if they have a problem. A lack of communication can also make it difficult for you to plan appropriately and makes managing expectations with stakeholders within your own business very difficult.
That’s why at TalkTalk Business, we’ve set ourselves a new baseline metric for communication, which we call the 5 day Customer Ready Update (or CRU). You can now expect updates once every five days, and every 24 hours if there is a difficulty which puts the installation into jeopardy. We now measure and track all our communications with customers and Partners to ensure that we’re meeting these minimum requirements for responsiveness, keeping you informed and therefore empowered.
In Q2 of this year our success rate for the 5 day CRU was at 95%, up from 50% in Q4 of last year. So we are making great strides and need to maintain that momentum.
Developing new updates to make our customers happier
Regular communication is great, but only if the quality of the updates are of a high standard.
Often these updates are dependent on Openreach and currently, its updates are often created from the engineer’s notes, which can be lacking in detail and inconsistent in format. To remedy this, TalkTalk Business has held joint workshops with Openreach to design a new update format that is clear and straightforward and at each point sets the expectation of what happens next. This work has been driven directly from the feedback that we’ve received from our customers and Partners. After all, you know better than anyone else what you want and what will ultimately make your lives easier. This will come to fruition as Openreach rolls out this new process and we expect our customers to benefit from this at the early part of the new year.
Thanks to the steps we have taken with Openreach, we’ve seen very positive feedback from our customers and Partners in our Voice of the Customer programme. But we know there is still a long way to go to get the levels of service that we as an industry can be proud of. By continually working with Openreach to improve the channels of communication, we will look to further improve customer experiences in the year ahead.