- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
In late 2016, Ken Johnson joined us at TalkTalk Business as our new Head of Product Strategy. Ken has a wide range of experience working in business telecoms, having previously held positions at Virgin Media Business and O2 Business. As Head of Product Strategy, Ken will be responsible for leading the delivery of TalkTalk Business’ product portfolio; from internet, to network and voice solutions.
We sat down with Ken to ask him why he joined TalkTalk Business, and what his expectations are for the industry and for British business more generally over the year ahead.
Why did you join TalkTalk Business?
In my previous roles, at O2 and Virgin Media, I was also a customer of TalkTalk Business. I was always pleased at how easy it was to get things done and receive support from TalkTalk Business. When I saw the role, I wanted the opportunity to work in the environment I had always admired from the other side.
Now that I’m here I’ve been amazed at the growth, progress and acceleration of everything. Everyone is not only passionate about our products, but also our customers and Partners, who really are at the core of everything we do. Creating products that have the potential for transforming how they do business is an incredible opportunity. It’s exciting to be part of a business with this kind of energy and pace.
What is TalkTalk Business doing that is so exciting?
TalkTalk Business genuinely cares about delivering excellent service. The people work hard and tirelessly to get the job done. Our network saw an increase in traffic of over 500 per cent between 2009 and 2016 – and we recognise the demand for business bandwidth is only going to increase. We need infrastructure that can keep up with this, and we are already investing in new networks and technologies, to expand the bandwidth that our customers and our Partners have available to them. I’m excited by the intellectual challenge of ensuring we keep ahead of this trend.
What are the top technologies you will be watching in 2017?
I have children so next generation noise cancelling headphones is what I need! Joking aside, 2017 feels like the year of TalkTalk Business’ transformation of its connectivity offer.
Personally, I am a fan of smart technology in the home: smart lighting, heating and sound. We also have a smart oven, so we never have to rush home again to check we didn't leave it on. I find it interesting that AI is already impacting our day-to-day lives with devices such as the Amazon Echo transforming the relationships we have with our homes, and AI has an equal potential to transform our work lives.
What do you think are the biggest business challenges to be overcome in the next 12 months?
There is a lot of uncertainty in the UK economy right now and therefore 2017 needs to be about businesses future proofing their technology and creating a flexible plan for future technology adoption. I believe we can help British business grow - both in terms of value, and sheer performance. That evolution is definitely going to include some kind of digital aspect, which means more demand for better connectivity. Increasingly, businesses want to innovate but are unsure where to start. With so many new technologies and tools to choose from, it is challenging for organisations to select the ones that will truly have a positive impact on both employees and the business as a whole.
What makes TalkTalk Business’ network different from other providers’ networks?
The scale of our network is impressive – over 3,000 exchanges, 4 million customers, and 3 billion minutes of traffic each month. It’s also incredibly robust - we cover 95 per cent of the UK, and offer an impressive 99.995 per cent reliability. We’ve also invested over £600m into developing our Next Generation Network and it is one of the largest, most connected all-IP networks in the UK. We take customer care seriously, and have a team of over 600 UK-based customer service professionals ready to help our customers should any issues arise. And it's only the start. We are completely transforming the scale and performance of our network, and adding extra measures to keep it going strong.
While I am still relatively new to the TalkTalk Business team, I can already tell that the role I’m taking on is going to be an exciting one. I look forward to working with the rest of our TalkTalk Business team to support UK businesses and preparing them for the world of tomorrow.