- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
Everyone loves a countdown at this time of year – whether it's counting down the days until Santa arrives (if you’ve been good!), the hours left until you can put your out-of-office email on or waiting to find out who gets that coveted Christmas number one song in the charts.
With that in mind, I thought I would share our top five winners in terms of which websites and platforms that were the most used on Talk Talk’s network this year from a peak consumption perspective.
Overall, it's been a huge year for bandwidth usage. Our peak so far in December is 4.4tbps or 4,400gbps. So, what can 4.4tbps deliver?
Well to put it in context, it's the same as downloading roughly 164,000 copies of Wizzard's ‘I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday’ every second. Or downloading 281 copies of the movie Elf - in HD, every second. That’s a lot of festive cheer!
In reverse order, here are the top five sites most used on TalkTalk’s network:
Number 5 - Amazon
The number 5 spot in our Christmas countdown goes to the Amazon website and Prime Video. Amazon continues to be very popular and a consistent driver of network usage as people watch the Grand Tour and other content whilst ordering Prime Next Day deliveries.
Number 4 - Microsoft Patch Tuesday
Microsoft Patch Tuesday – All of those millions of PCs downloading the latest patches each week shows the incredible demand out there to keep our devices updated and secure.
Number 3 - YouTube
YouTube makes it into our top three – and while it has dropped down on our chart, it remains extremely popular for delivering all forms of video from music videos to clips of cats falling off sofas – yes, it's all on YouTube.
Number 2 ** NEW ENTRY ** Fortnite
While it Just misses out on the top spot, it's been an amazing year for our new entry this year. Fortnite - the game that introduced Flossing to the nation - is at number two. I wrote earlier in the year about the huge growth in Fortnite and the importance of optimising for Gaming usage. It will be interesting to see if the number one game worldwide continues its popularity in the new year.
Number 1 - Netflix
Our Christmas number one may come as no surprise to many of you, it is Netflix. Regardless of whether you're binging on the latest series of The Crown, watching Christmas movies on your laptop, smart TV, mobile phone or indeed games console, Netflix continues to drive our highest use of the network week-on-week.
Congratulations to Netflix!
I hope you enjoyed these insights into our network. On behalf of everyone at TalkTalk, have a fantastic Christmas and thanks for an incredible 2018.