- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Partner Roadshow 2020
Communication is essential for a good partnership. That’s why our annual Roadshow event is so important to us. We use the day to provide business updates and insights that will help our Partners navigate the challenging landscape and ultimately win more business.
Some say that technology is the fourth industrial revolution. We believe connectivity has transformed the world, which is why we selected venues for the roadshow which are famous for innovation and commitment to championing industry. The roadshows took place in London and Manchester, at the respective Science and Industry Museums.
We covered a huge amount at both events. From new product launches and updates, to network insights and operational and service enhancements. Here are 5 highlights from the Partner Roadshow:
Accelerated investment into FTTP
Independent analysts, Megabuyte, kick off the day by exploring trends in the ICT sector, with a focus on the telecommunications industry. It was no surprise to hear that the rise in cloud services and digital transformation is driving the demand for higher bandwidth and faster speeds. Megabuyte predicted there would be even more investment into full fibre over the next few years. There has already been a post-election acceleration in FTTP funding and the £5bn gigabit scheme is developing FTTP in rural areas.
Follow the fibre
Guy Miller, TalkTalk’s Fibre for Everyone Programme Director, took to the stage to discuss our FTTP journey. He explained that over the last year we’ve rebuilt our systems from the ground up to ensure that our full future is built on the latest and greatest platforms. We’ve prioritised Openreach as the scale provider and started building, what we have referred to previously as ‘the patchwork quilt’ of alternative network builders. In addition, our recent announcement of our long-term agreement with CityFibre proves that we serious about FTTP. Guy urged the audience to make the transition now, follow the fibre and ultimately improve the valuation of your business.
The demand for bandwidth is insatiable, we are moving towards 16Tbp/s
of peak traffic by FY25 on our network. Most of the traffic we see on our network is over-the-top video streaming from services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Our continued network expansion allows us to accommodate growing demands from both consumer and B2B segments. Plus, data exploitation provides real insights into our Partners’ customer base and can materially improve issue resolution. Our adoption of emerging technologies allows us to deliver a better customer experience and improved efficiencies for a full fibre future.
Simplified service offerings
We’re on a mission to be easy to do business with. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we use it to improve our service and products every year. Following your feedback, we’ve made some big improvements to our service models and we have a range of digital services available to adopt, including Smartbill, One Customer Desk, Order tracking and Support Centre. We’ve been working on getting these services right for you over the last year and we’re confident they will make it much easier for you to do business with us. Please ask your Account Manager for more information on any of these services.
Get confident with writing bids
We’re always looking for ways to add value to our Partners. We invited Richard Tobias, Director of Impart, to run a best practice workshop session on improving tenders. Impart is a consultancy that helps businesses win more bids. Richard delivered some practical tips such as evaluating whether the bid is right for your business, improving the process of gathering the information, as well as practical tips to improve the quality of content in the bid. If you’re a TalkTalk Business Partner who has seen a big opportunity you want to bid for, speak to us first because we may be able to help you succeed with the bid by working as a team.
Thank you to everyone who attended one of our Roadshow events. We really appreciate and value your involvement. Your feedback helps us understand how we can support your business and accelerate your growth. Don’t worry if you missed the event, we’ll be cascading the content through a variety of blogs and video content over on this blog and via the Partner newsletter.