- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
The past few months have seen us put the finishing touches to our brand new office in Salford. As the name suggests, the Soapworks is a redeveloped soap factory and it will bring together over 1,000 people from our previous offices in Irlam and Warrington. We’re really excited about our new offices and they’ve even been featured in the Manchester Evening News.
As our Chief People Officer, Mark Dickinson, put it, Soapworks is the beginning of a new era for us: “Soapworks is more than a building. It marks a new chapter in TalkTalk – a modern, collaborative, 'next gen' TalkTalk. And I can't wait to see the benefits of having all our North West teams in one place.”
One of the new office’s many advantages is its world-class technology.
Our Tech teams have been working tirelessly in the lead up to our big move, setting up ready for the first teams to arrive at the Soapworks. Here’s the lowdown on just some of the tech enablers we’re introducing in Salford, many of which we’ll be rolling out to our Shepherd’s Bush offices too.
- We've set up 1165 desks with shiny new equipment – no more crumb covered keyboards!
- We've put in 200 Wi-Fi access points across the five floors meaning our people will have amazing coverage.
- We’ve rolled out over 1,000 new laptops and we have a plan to rollout a further 1,000 in the coming months.
- We've connected over 100 square metres of information screens – enough to fill a football pitch with room to spare.
- We have a new state of the art Network Operating Centre (NOC) and a brand new 24/7 Security Operating Centre (SOC).
- We've laid 100,000 metres of CAT6A data wiring, leading to 4876 data outlets.
- We've removed 1200 desk phones and replaced them with a snazzy softphone laptop-based solution so our teams can use their desk phone from any location.
- The Soapworks has an impressive ten Telepresence meetings rooms and one new main immersive TP suite.
We’ve installed two circuits leaving the Soapworks in different directions to ensure our network is robust and reliable and we even have our very own dedicated FTTC cabinet from Openreach in the basement to allow fast product testing of new and existing products.
We're setting up 'The Desk' – a new IT function offering walk up support for any IT questions or queries our people may have.
And we're creating an innovative 'Beehive' area to showcase all our latest products.
A task of this size was no mean feat but it will ensure that we can collaborate even more effectively with people both internally and externally.
We’re really proud of our new home, and of all the people who’ve helped to make the move happen. We’re confident that our people will love working in our new flagship North West base.
Are you planning a move?
We recently conducted a study in partnership with Censuswide, we found that 50 per cent of the 1000 business decision makers surveyed are thinking of expanding their business in the next 12 months (Source: Censuswide, IP Voice study, October 2016).
If you need some advice on the best voice or connectivity solution for your business’s current and future needs, please get in touch.