- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
For those familiar with the terms like FTTC and MPF, the chances are you will already know about both the Fibre To The Premise (FTTP) revolution that’s already happening and what the future of voice will look like once the outdated Openreach copper network has retired.
Essentially where there used to be two lines into the premise, there will only be one fibre connection with the voice service overlaid on top – like how WhatsApp works on top of your mobile data connection. For TalkTalk, this has meant significant investment into a whole new VoIP platform to future proof a simple ‘single line’ voice proposition with familiar features like voicemail and call divert for many different types of customers.
As FTTP & VoIP New Product Developmentin TalkTalk Business, this means understanding the new platform, working out the implications for our Partners and engaging early to plan for these changes together. This has led to a recent series of online events over the past four weeks, covering the overall approach to VoIP Readiness webinar, providing a checklist of topics for Partners to work through, and holding deep dive Product Forum’s on the specific subjects of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and how to treat your Vulnerable Customers.
CPE is one of the biggest differences between Partner and TalkTalk as this is not built and managed by us, therefore compatibility to technical specifications, and sourcing and testing with TR69 systems takes longer. We can share our experience and will make available remote and physical lab facilities in the Autumn.
Looking after Vulnerable customers is also a key consideration for B2B2C Partners, where the different technology means different install experiences when a migration needs to happen for example and ensuring connectivity in a power outage.
Similarly, for businesses that supply ‘Critical National Infrastructure’, like ATM’s, and reservoir monitoring, simple voice services are being explored to replace existing lines.
This means Partner engagement and education is crucial and we will continue this into the Autumn as systems develop. Our TalkTalk Business Product Forum is a key channel for material, Q&A and discussion – join here to be part of the conversation.
For more information, please get in touch with your Account Manager.