- Partner Types
- Why Wholesale Services?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- Update: Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Comms Vision 2021
- Looking back at 2021
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services appoints Ruth Kennedy as Chief Sales Officer
- Our new operating model
- Channel Live 2022: What to expect
- Openreach Marketing Campaign in Mildenhall
- Great together: Building long lasting partnerships
- TalkTalk Group Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Virtual1
- Our 3 Key Highlights at Channel Live
- Great Together: The Ultimate Enabler
- Great Together: Not all heroes wear capes
- EAD: Why do my customers need faster speeds?
- Fibre in the channel: Are we on track for 2030?
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services win ‘Best Wholesale Fibre Provider’ at the UK Fibre Awards 2022!
- Honing a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
- Great Together: Dedicated to making things simple
- Sustainability Through Fibre
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Ofcom withdrawal of 0500 numbers
0500 numbers to be phased out in June 2017
Back in 2014, Ofcom announced their decision to withdraw the 0500 Freephone number range from use, and the day of their demise is now nearly upon us.
0500 was one of the traditional two Freephone prefixes alongside 0800, and was created in 1982. But new 0500 numbers stopped being allocated twenty years ago in favour of a gradual focus on its better known 0800 counterpart.
Ofcom has now taken the decision to withdraw all remaining 0500 numbers given the low consumer awareness and the long-term decline of its use by service providers.
0500 numbers will stop working on June 3rd, and TalkTalk Business customers currently using the 0500 prefix have three options:
- Switch to 08085: Ofcom has issued the Freephone number “08085” as a replacement for 0500 numbers, and is followed by the last 6 digits of the existing 0500 number. There would be no changes to the current call charge rates.
- Choose an alternative: we provide both 0800 Freephone and 03 prefixes which are amongst the most popular customer contact numbers in the UK and are widely recognised.
- Let it be retired: Organisations that have 0500 numbers but no longer use them can choose to do nothing and the number will be automatically be retired with the Ofcom withdrawal on the 3rd June.
We can also set up a redirection service on existing 0500 numbers, so that your customers know when the number will stop working and what the replacement number is. This service will function on the existing 0500 number, until the 3rd June 2017 switch off.
Any Partners needing to migrate their 0500 numbers should contact TalkTalk Business Number Translation Service (NTS) provisioning team. To discuss taking an alternative number range such as 03, please contact your Account Manager.