- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Only 1 in 5 British workers see AI and automation as a threat to their job
Only 1 in 5 British workers see AI and automation as a threat to their job
Study finds more men than women have a positive outlook on automation in the workplace, believing it will reduce errors
LONDON, 8th November 2017 - Over a third of male workers (39%) feel artificial intelligence (AI) and automation will make them better at tackling day-to-day tasks, in contrast to less than a quarter of female workers (24%). This gender gap in attitudes and expectations towards AI in the workplace is revealed in a report released today by TalkTalk Business with research conducted by YouGov.
The Workforces 2025 report also reveals:
- 28% of workers in comparison to 19% of female workers think automation will help improve their attention to detail and reduce errors
- A third (33%) of men think the introduction of these technologies will impact on their jobs positively, as opposed to just a quarter (25%) of women
- Across the workforce, an equal volume (29%) of those surveyed see AI as having both a positive and negative impact,while 15% think AI, automation and other technology developments have the potential to replace their job completely
- 38% of workers think their current job will still exist 15 years from now, without any support from AI, automation or any other technology developments. Whereas 12% believe their jobs will be replaced entirely by AI
This stands in stark contrast to a recent prediction by thinktank, Reform, which said that 250,000 public sector administrative jobs could be at risk by 2030 because of automation. Key decision makers surveyed were alert to the sweeping changes ahead, with 47% explaining that their companies intend to upskill their workforces to understand and utilise these newer technologies.
Duncan Gooding, Interim MD at TalkTalk Business, comments: “Employees must wake up to the march of evolving technologies so that they are ready to adapt to the demands and requirements of the workplace of the future. It’s equally important that employers introduce these tools and train workers in a way that inspires intrigue and positivity. AI, in particular has the potential to transform our productivity and creativity at work. It is incumbent upon employers to effectively demonstrate how, so that current and future generations jump at the chance to embrace automated solutions.”
Re-shaping our attitudes to AI
While many workers do not fear the possibility of automation directly impacting their jobs, general attitudes towards these technologies in the workplace aren’t universally positive. The research identifies that over a third (39%) of British workers do not think any time they spend dealing with tasks at work could be supported by automation.
Graeme Codrington, Futurist to TalkTalk Business, comments: “The reality is that we are on the verge of technological advances akin to the Industrial Revolution. While many employers are considering upskilling their workforces to benefit from this shift as early as possible, lots of employees still do not appear to have got the memo to achieve this. What these latest insights show is that by enabling workers to unlock the full extent of their abilities, this will create a happier, more engaged and productive workforce.”
To download the TalkTalk Business Workforces 2025 report visit: www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/workforces2025
- ENDS -
Rakhee Rathod, B2B PR Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07342 947 810
About TalkTalk Business
TalkTalk Business is one of the fastest growing B2B telecoms providers in the UK, serving the needs of business and public sector customers nationwide and working with over 600 partners. We deliver a full range of business-grade communications products and services, including Connectivity and Networking, Hosted Solutions, Mobile, Voice and IP telephone systems. We thrive on innovation, looking for ways to disrupt the market and deliver value back to our customers.
Following an investment of over £600m, TalkTalk Group operates one of Britain’s largest Next Generation Network, with 94% coverage for broadband and voice. Built for business, its network has more than 3,000 enabled exchanges for Ethernet, EFM and Business Broadband.
With over 20 years’ experience providing support to customers, from national retailers to sole traders, and with future-proof, scalable technology, dedicated support, TalkTalk Business provides a full range of communications solutions aimed at making Britain’s businesses better off.
Business decision makers: All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 602 Decision Makers. Fieldwork was undertaken between 5th - 8th June 2017. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of British business size.
Consumer survey: All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 2042 adults, of which 1047 were in full or part time employment. Fieldwork was undertaken between 9th - 12th June 2017. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all GB adults (aged 18+).