Openreach Updates - 15th May 2020
We are writing to notify you on several important updates from Openreach across EAD and Broadband. Please note that we are still awaiting further clarity on some of the information so will continue to keep you updated as we get more detail.
Openreach have informed us that they will be launching a new special offer on EAD 100Mb and 1Gb products, allowing CPs the option to defer service for up to 90 calendar days following a completion of a circuit.
The special offer will be available from 9th June 2020 up until 30 June 2020 at 23:59, we may possibly extend the offer if merited by circumstances. Openreach are currently in discussions with Ofcom to request a waiver for this offer so Communication Providers can take advantage of this earlier. Once we have been updated on the outcome of these discussions, we will be back in touch to supply further details.
Previously Openreach have only completed installations on Critical National Infrastructure sites. However, they have now confirmed that from 14th May 2020 they will progress installations on any sites that engineers can gain access to safely.
Openreach will ask a general set of questions, if they contact us to schedule the appointment, you will be sent these questions to answer. For reference, here is the list of potential questions that you or your customer may be asked before the engineer will enter:
• Will the building/floor/work area be empty? If not, how many people?
• Will our engineers be able to maintain a 2 meter safe working distance at all times?
• Is anyone on site self-isolating?
• Does anyone on site have COVID-19 symptoms?
Further Questions for Hospitals & Care Homes:
• Can you make a green route available for the engineers on site to avoid contact with others?
• What are your site safety protocols?
• Do you require visitors to wear PPE? If so, how do the engineers access this PPE?
Can you also confirm if there any further issues likely to impact access on the day, such as:-
• Onsite Contact Name & Number:
• Rack/CAB in place: Y/N
• Rack space available: Y/N
• Power available: Y/N
• RAMS required (note – Site Specific RAMS will result in the delay of the works start date and charges will be raised): Y/N
• Any additional information you think would be helpful to our engineers on the day
Broadband, FTTC, FTTP & GFast
After careful consideration Openreach have agreed a phased approach to returning to working inside end customers’ premises, starting on Monday 18 May 2020.
This will be for a short duration provision visit only, where the job is considered low risk and when provision cannot be carried out externally, which remains the first preference.
This change also means that FTTP and Gfast provision lead times will return to standard levels, in line with other volume products. The new lead times will be available with effect from Friday 15 May 2020.
Openreach have shared important information on the updated process and the safeguards that will be in place to protect engineers and your customers.
You can download this updated process using the link here.
This remains a fast-moving situation, we will continue to work with Openreach to understand any future changes and will keep you updated.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact your Account or Service Manager.