- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Everything you need to know about IP Voice
Everything you need to know about IP Voice
What is VoIP?
IP Voice (VoIP) is technology that routes your calls over your internet connection. Providing you with everything a traditional phone system does, VoIP overlays your voice onto a single fibre connection, giving businesses both operational and cost efficiencies.
With connectivity landscapes evolving for both in-premise internet access and voice services, the time is ticking for copper landlines and broadband networks which need to be replaced within the next few years. The switch from outdated networks to VoIP is inevitable, many businesses have already made the switch and are moving forward - and once your customers have made that move, they can start enjoying the features and benefits of it all.
With the focus on a Full Fibre future, VoIP has become increasingly popular over the years to both small and large businesses offering simplicity and flexibility for growing companies. You'll get the best VoIP experience possible with a full FTTP connection, giving you a much clearer sound, better reliability with higher speeds.
At TalkTalk Business, our experts are here to help businesses and consumers prepare for the move the VoIP. Get in touch today to find out more.
What does it mean for our Partners?
As the connectivity landscape evolves we want to make sure that you and your customers are prepared for VoIP. Here’s what you need to know...
New system interactions
VoIP is a new way of providing a voice service over the premise internet line, and as such new technical platforms are being built by TalkTalk Business. This means new system interactions are necessary to understand, deliver and test end-to-end.
New voice service
A new voice service – including install options – may need to be designed by Partners with new elements or pricing and bundles.
In order to future proof product options for your customer’s needs, it is important to look at your voice base size, usage and any other requirements – such as vulnerable customer compliance - so transition paths can be agreed.
What does it mean for your customers?
The benefits of VoIP make it a clear choice for businesses and consumers. With advantages such as cost efficiency, scalability, and flexibility, it's easy to see why VoIP is becoming increasingly popular. Here's what your customers need to know...
It is likely that new routers will be needed in the customer premise, therefore instruction for use will be different and need to be updated.
New install experience New CPE
With new routers come new install options which will vary from self-service to a premium fully managed setup.
Specific customer group treatment
Some of your customers may have specific needs to be catered for, our experts can help and support with this and share best practise on designing an approach.
How we can help you
TalkTalk Business experts are at the forefront of digital voice – especially VoIP.
With VoIP, businesses and consumers are now able to make and receive voice calls using their internet connection. Our aim is to enable all our Partners to embrace fibre technologies and IP voice, helping you and your customers move from legacy voice lines and transition into the new era.
Our experts will ensure a smooth end-to-end transition for you and your customers, no matter the requirements.
Get in touch with your Account Manager for unbeatable knowledge, resources, and more.