- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Channel Live
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- 3 key take-aways from Partner Summit
- 5 cloud related things businesses have on their minds
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Embracing the cloud - are your customers ready?
- The journey to reinvent workspaces
- It’s time for the Gigabit reality
- Introducing our Head of Product Strategy, Ken Johnson
- Delivering Gigabit connectivity to UK businesses
- If nearly 1 in 2 of your customers are thinking about expanding internationally, are you winning that voice business?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Improving the frequency and quality of our Ethernet provisioning updates
- Introducing MyNet
- British businesses are unprepared for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- Ofcom withdrawal of 0500 numbers
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- Marston's Telecoms choose TalkTalk Business for Ethernet
- Next steps on the journey for a better Openreach
- Ofcom’s Business Connectivity Market Review
Marston's Telecoms choose TalkTalk Business for Ethernet
TalkTalk Business secures new Ethernet deal with Marston’s Telecoms
Today, TalkTalk Business has announced a new Ethernet deal with Marston’s Telecoms, a division of Marston’s PLC, the pub operator and brewer, to place a significant number of Ethernet circuits in their pubs across the UK. The new deal will run for three years, helping the business to expand during the period.
Marston’s Telecoms was set up by Marston’s PLC to serve the pub side of the business. The growth into providing internet services for other businesses has only leveraged their position in the market. While the business is known for its pubs and cask ale, it also has over 70 years of telecoms and customer service experience. As a new entrant into the reseller space, it is vital the business is supported by efficient customer service and a reliable network infrastructure.
Marston’s Telecoms first signed with TalkTalk Business as a managed Partner in 2009. Its main requirement was to cost effectively improve communications between its 2,000 individual pubs and head office, as well as provide services such as customer Wi-Fi and internet-connected gaming.
TalkTalk Business won Marston’s Telecoms entire base in September 2015, and soon after successfully converted their managed estate and telephone infrastructure. Marston’s Telecoms quickly evolved their technology offering of broadband, Ethernet, hosted VoIP, private WANs, carrier services and managed Wi-Fi to business customers and the wholesale channel, all delivered over their own carrier-grade MPLS network.
Rob Derbyshire, Head of Telecoms, Marston’s Telecoms said:
“Since signing with TalkTalk Business we have grown our business, taking on board the new products and innovative opportunities for our 2,000 pubs. We value the flexible and customer-centric approach of TalkTalk Business and are delighted to be one of their partners. We are excited by the new Ethernet deal and look forward to continue working with TalkTalk Business as we expand our offering and services.”
In recent years, TalkTalk Business has gone from strength to strength, supporting the country’s biggest enterprises to the smallest SME. In the last 12 months alone TalkTalk Business has attracted and on boarded a substantial number of new Partners bringing the total to over 850 and servicing the needs of a customer base of over 180,000 businesses.
Alexandra Tempest, Director of Partners, TalkTalk Business:
“We are delighted to announce the new Ethernet deal with Marston’s Telecoms. TalkTalk Business is always looking at different ways to support its Partners with new products and technology, offering solutions for businesses. We are passionate about collaborating with Partners and proud to support Marston’s continued growth as the UK’s internet service provider for hospitality.”