- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Preliminary FY16 Results
This month TalkTalk Group released its preliminary results for the last financial year, and once again TalkTalk Business went from strength to strength. Over the last twelve months we’ve seen strong and profitable growth, continuing the trend of increasing our revenue by 5% year-on-year. These results continue to demonstrate that TalkTalk Business is a significant, profitable and fast-growing part of the business, with revenues of £384m – representing 30% of the overall Group performance.
We are one of the fastest growing B2B telecoms providers in the UK, and the numbers speak for themselves; corporate revenues within TalkTalk Business are up 2.4%, whilst compound annual growth since FY14 is over 6.0%. We have also seen demands for our data services continue to soar, with over 9,000 new high speed data lines connected, and orders for this service up 23.7% year-on-year. Our on-net wholesale base, made up of the retail customers of businesses such as the Post Office and Utility Warehouse, is also growing year-on-year. This growth is a reflection of our continued commitment to provide great value, high speed connectivity. High speed data has been, and will continue to be, a key focus of TalkTalk Business over the next year, with the only factor constraining our growth being BT Openreach’s struggles with provisioning.
This year we also acquired tlPicall, a leader in Next Generation Voice Services, and as a result we have been able to launch a market-leading SIP proposal in the Partner channel. We are really pleased that the feedback from TalkTalk Business customers has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are looking forward to growing and improving our voice services – in the coming months we will be adding International Numbers and World SIP to our existing portfolio, as well as expanding into the Carrier and Direct channels.
We’re planning for an even bigger and better future. We have a proud history of disruptive innovation which allows us to offer our SoHo, SME, corporate, enterprise and channel customers the best and most reliable services possible, and plan to double in size over the coming years. We’ll continue to grow our data products and next generation voice services, delivered both directly and through wholesale channels, and increase our customer base. As one of only two national wholesalers of broadband and fibre to the cabinet, we are looking forward to continuing to serve the needs of businesses, public sector customers, partners, systems integrators and carriers around the country.
For a detailed Group financial and business review, as well as insights into specific product areas such as Broadband, Mobile, Fibre, TV, Network, please visit the TalkTalk Group website for the full version of the press release.