- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
Stowe Valley Multi-Academy Trust will be the first Trust in the UK to implement TalkTalk Business’ Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Network across all eight of their sites, reducing costs and improving efficiency.
Although the MPLS network has been used by business customers for many years, this will be the first time it will be implemented in schools. This highlights a turning point for Stowe Valley, who is seeking innovative ways to improve pupil and staff experience.
The project is being delivered by Stowe Valley’s Strategic IT Partner, HBT Communications, working in Partnership with TalkTalk Business. HBT Communications has recently helped Stowe Valley deploy a VoIP platform which is distributed to all schools within the Multi Academy Trust (MAT). A key aspect of the new system is the ability for staff to move across the sites without changing contact numbers, increasing collaboration across the schools.
Stephen Hardy, IT Director at the Trust is excited about the upcoming project “Our vision as a Multi-Academy is to provide the best experience for our students. The MPLS network will create a centralised managed network that will allow us to have shared services such as telephony across the schools within the trust which in turn will enable increased collaboration and reduce ongoing costs.”
René Wheeler, Sales Manager at HBT Communications has been working closely with the Trust. “The new network will enable Stowe Valley to move their existing IT infrastructure into an Azzure cloud platform, therefore there is no need for expensive server investment. Cyber security will be managed centrally saving expensive resource and hardware costs. This is a really exciting project and once implemented will be a first in the education sector.”
Richard Thompson, Director of Partners at TalkTalk Business said: “We are delighted that HBT Communications is working in partnership with Stowe Valley to utilise our MPLS network in all of their sites. We hope that it will empower other Trust’s around the UK to follow suit. Good connectivity is no longer just nice to have, it’s a fundamental necessity. Schools should have access to the connectivity and technology that complements their ability to deliver exceptional teaching.”