- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
TalkTalk Business offer greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
Increase your customers' resiliency with Mobile Back-up
Mobile Back-up is a fully managed service provided by TalkTalk Business. Part of a suite of add-on products designed to increase resiliency, the Mobile Back-up router prevents a loss of connectivity by connecting to 02’s mobile network in the event that connectivity does go down. If coverage isn’t available, each SIM has the ability to failover to the strongest provider from the other major UK networks. This extra level of resiliency protects your customers from unnecessary downtime which could lead to lost revenue.
How does it work?
Managed Partners who purchase Mobile Back-up as an add on to their Private Network product will receive an additional third-party router.
The router is equipped with two SIM cards that connect to O2’s network. However, if O2 coverage isn’t available at any time, each SIM has the ability to failover to the strongest provider from the other major UK networks. Prior to installation, TalkTalk Business will carry out a coverage check for every unique site to ensure the necessary availability.
Key benefits of Mobile Back-up
- Resilience – Mobile Back-up ensures business continuity and resilience for critical applications and systems, such as EPoS and stock management, so there’s no need to worry about losing connectivity.
- Market-leading – The SIM cards will connect to 02’s network if available, however they have the ability to failover to the strongest provider from the other major UK networks if 02 is not present, providing your customers with the best possible coverage for their location.
- Easy to provide – TalkTalk Business will setup, install and test Mobile Back-up. Plus, we manage all in-life faults with a four-hour fix as part of our service level Agreement. This includes pre-configuration and installation of all routers.
- Monitoring - As part of your fully managed service, TalkTalk Business monitors 3rd party connectivity/routers. We’ll also provide reports of usage by site and network if required.
How do I get Mobile Back-up?
Are you interested in Mobile Back-up?
Please speak to your Account Manager to add Mobile Back-up onto your Private Network.