* Denotes a required field
What are SIP Trunks?
By connecting your business to the phone network using the internet, SIP Trunks offer you great flexibility and even better savings. It’s highly resilient as you can switch from one channel to another to ensure there’s no interruption in your service. SIP Trunks are delivered over our Ethernet data circuits ensuring you make the most of your investment. Quality of Service (QoS) is provided, prioritising calls over your data traffic, to make sure your calls will always get connected and are crystal clear. Both spend management and auto-suspend are tools for limiting the impact of PBX fraud, helping protect your business from unnecessary or fraudulent high call spend. Unlike most SIP providers, our SIP Trunks service provides hourly and daily spend management, providing peace of mind.
Single provider of connectivity and voice
End-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) on our data circuits to ensure voice traffic prioritisation
Superior call quality when measured against traditional voice
Spend management and auto-suspend tools for limiting the impact of unusual spend patterns such as PBX fraud
UK-based 24/7 customer service and technical professionals
Multiple disaster recovery options available
Fully scalable service, from 1 Trunk up, to suit your business needs
Either choose new numbers or transfer existing ones
When considering this service, we’ll help you work through the following questions to determine if SIP Trunks are right for you.
- Do you have a compatible PBX?
- Do you have an existing TalkTalk Business Ethernet data circuit or are you ordering a new one?
- The number of channels you need?
- Have you discussed your SIP Trunking requirements with your PBX maintainer? To deploy SIP Trunks you will need to configure your PBX which may incur additional costs and activity?
- Have you discussed your SIP Trunking requirements with your LAN maintainer? You may need to deploy changes to your LAN environment (VLANs, QoS etc) to set up SIP Trunks?
- Do you know how much bandwidth you want to allocate to your data service (i.e. internet access) on the data circuit (this will impact the number of channels you need)?
- Do you require disaster recovery, and if so what type do you require?
- Do you require a bundled or Pay As You Go tariff?
Here’s some of the Business Grade features you get with SIP Trunks:
- Quality of Service on TalkTalk Business Ethernet data circuits
- Keep your existing numbers
- Number presentation
- Out-of-area numbering, including international
- Spend management
- Auto suspend
- Number diverts
- Call barring
- Number diversion at no additional cost (PPM applies to call forwarding).
Our service has two tariffs options:
- Pay-As-You-Go plan: where you are billed for all the calls you make alongside a channel rental; or
- 3 different Call Bundle plans: choose from 1000, 3000 and 5000 inclusive minutes to UK local, national and mobile destinations, a flat rate model for easy budgeting.
Disaster Recovery Options
With 4 resilient disaster recovery options provided at no additional charge, your calls will always be connected. You can choose from:
- Secondary Failover, if your primary site becomes unavailable your calls route to chosen secondary site automatically;
- Round Robin, alternate your calls between your primary and secondary site
- Simultaneous, have your calls delivered simultaneously across both your primary and secondary sites.
- Number to number, if you do not have an alternative site we can automatically call forward your numbers to any other number in the UK or the world.
Reliable and Secure
Delivered over a secure, dedicated connection within our Next Generation Network and supported 24/7 by our UK-based agents. Our Business Grade SLA’s guarantees your service and your peace of mind. Combining our SIP and data connections gives you the true end-to-end service from one UK based provider.
In addition, we deploy Quality of Service (QoS) on our TalkTalk Business data circuit which ensures that we prioritise your real time voice traffic over your internet traffic. This ensures that your voice quality remains crystal clear.
Numbers and Number Porting
We can provision new numbers or port your current numbers to our network seamlessly. So there is no need to change your existing numbers and you can add new numbers as your business requirements grow.
We support a wide range of PBXs. Configuration guides for supported PBXs are automatically released to you depending as part of the provisioning process. Here are just some of the vendors we work with:
Samsung, Avaya, Mitel, NEC, Panasonic, Sonus, Shoretel
Please speak with your account manager to confirm if your PBX is compatible.
Easy to do business with
Whether you’re looking for a simple calls package or a way to connect a large, dispersed team, we make the process hassle-free from joining to using to changing. With over 600 dedicated UK-based business specialists, you’ll find the help you need.
See how our Hosted Voice service helps keep GUS connected.
Low Cost Calls
Easy to Set-up
*15% off any 3 year Ethernet Access Direct with TalkTalk Business, when taken with a minimum of 5 Hosted Voice licences or SIP trunks. New on-net installs only, subject to 3 year contract term, availability and survey. Excess Construction Charges may be applicable. Offer ends 12 January 2018.
Thinking of upgrading your telephony but not sure which is the right option?
IP Voice, SIP Trunks, Hosted Voice explained.
Over the last 10 years there has been a game changing evolution in telephone services. Traditionally businesses have both a phone landline for making calls and an Internet connection for things like email and web browsing.
Now you can deliver your voice services over an Internet connection using IP Voice capable products such as SIP Trunks and Hosted Voice. If you are thinking of upgrading your telephony but not sure which is the best option, watch the video.