- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
News and PR
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- The Future of Retail
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
From £120 per month
What are SIP Trunks?
By connecting your business to the phone network using the internet, SIP Trunks offer you great flexibility and even better savings. It’s highly resilient as you can switch from one channel to another to ensure there’s no interruption in your service. SIP Trunks are delivered over our Ethernet data circuits ensuring you make the most of your investment. Quality of Service (QoS) is provided, prioritising calls over your data traffic, to make sure your calls will always get connected and are crystal clear. Both spend management and auto-suspend are tools for limiting the impact of PBX fraud, helping protect your business from unnecessary or fraudulent high call spend. Unlike most SIP providers, our SIP Trunks service provides hourly and daily spend management, providing peace of mind.
Single provider of connectivity and voice
End-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) on our data circuits to ensure voice traffic prioritisation
Superior call quality when measured against traditional voice
Spend management and auto-suspend tools for limiting the impact of unusual spend patterns such as PBX fraud
UK-based 24/7 customer service and technical professionals
Multiple disaster recovery options available
Fully scalable service, from 1 Trunk up, to suit your business needs
Either choose new numbers or transfer existing ones
When considering this service, we’ll help you work through the following questions to determine if SIP Trunks are right for you.
- Do you have a compatible PBX?
- Do you have an existing TalkTalk Business Ethernet data circuit or are you ordering a new one?
- The number of channels you need?
- Have you discussed your SIP Trunking requirements with your PBX maintainer? To deploy SIP Trunks you will need to configure your PBX which may incur additional costs and activity?
- Have you discussed your SIP Trunking requirements with your LAN maintainer? You may need to deploy changes to your LAN environment (VLANs, QoS etc) to set up SIP Trunks?
- Do you know how much bandwidth you want to allocate to your data service (i.e. internet access) on the data circuit (this will impact the number of channels you need)?
- Do you require disaster recovery, and if so what type do you require?
- Do you require a bundled or Pay As You Go tariff?
Here’s some of the Business Grade features you get with SIP Trunks:
- Quality of Service on TalkTalk Business Ethernet data circuits
- Keep your existing numbers
- Number presentation
- Out-of-area numbering, including international
- Spend management
- Auto suspend
- Number diverts
- Call barring
- Number diversion at no additional cost (PPM applies to call forwarding).
Our service has two tariffs options:
- Pay-As-You-Go plan: where you are billed for all the calls you make alongside a channel rental; or
- 3 different Call Bundle plans: choose from 1000, 3000 and 5000 inclusive minutes to UK local, national and mobile destinations, a flat rate model for easy budgeting.
Disaster Recovery Options
With 4 resilient disaster recovery options provided at no additional charge, your calls will always be connected. You can choose from:
- Secondary Failover, if your primary site becomes unavailable your calls route to chosen secondary site automatically;
- Round Robin, alternate your calls between your primary and secondary site
- Simultaneous, have your calls delivered simultaneously across both your primary and secondary sites.
- Number to number, if you do not have an alternative site we can automatically call forward your numbers to any other number in the UK or the world.
Reliable and Secure
Delivered over a secure, dedicated connection within our Next Generation Network and supported 24/7 by our UK-based agents. Our Business Grade SLA’s guarantees your service and your peace of mind. Combining our SIP and data connections gives you the true end-to-end service from one UK based provider.
In addition, we deploy Quality of Service (QoS) on our TalkTalk Business data circuit which ensures that we prioritise your real time voice traffic over your internet traffic. This ensures that your voice quality remains crystal clear.
Numbers and Number Porting
We can provision new numbers or port your current numbers to our network seamlessly. So there is no need to change your existing numbers and you can add new numbers as your business requirements grow.
We support a wide range of PBXs. Configuration guides for supported PBXs are automatically released to you depending as part of the provisioning process. Here are just some of the vendors we work with:
Samsung, Avaya, Mitel, NEC, Panasonic, Sonus, Shoretel
Please speak with your account manager to confirm if your PBX is compatible.
Easy to do business with
Whether you’re looking for a simple calls package or a way to connect a large, dispersed team, we make the process hassle-free from joining to using to changing. With over 600 dedicated UK-based business specialists, you’ll find the help you need.
See how our Hosted Voice service helps keep GUS connected.
Free eBook: A buyers guide to business VoIP
Are you ready to join the 45% of businesses already enjoying savings and increased productivity through IP Voice adoption?
Low Cost Calls
Easy to Set-up
*15% off any 3 year Ethernet Access Direct with TalkTalk Business, when taken with a minimum of 5 Hosted Voice licences or SIP trunks. New on-net installs only, subject to 3 year contract term, availability and survey. Excess Construction Charges may be applicable. Offer ends 12 January 2018.
Thinking of upgrading your telephony but not sure which is the right option?
IP Voice, SIP Trunks, Hosted Voice explained.
Over the last 10 years there has been a game changing evolution in telephone services. Traditionally businesses have both a phone landline for making calls and an Internet connection for things like email and web browsing.
Now you can deliver your voice services over an Internet connection using IP Voice capable products such as SIP Trunks and Hosted Voice. If you are thinking of upgrading your telephony but not sure which is the best option, watch the video.